The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I shouldn't laugh but.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
It's not at all funny but I defy you not to laugh..

Click here

Howard
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Did this really happen? 28 people killed, this is insane. You know, I would usually laugh at extreme human stupidity, even if someone is hurt or killed. But this is beyond that. Do you think these guys had any choice in what was going on? Sounds like the President of this fighting league put them up to it, do you think these were willing combatants?
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Whoa ... that's heavy duty! Talk about some insane midgets ... I'm not going to feel pity for them, they after all accepted the challenge and willingly got themselves into this mess. But I would think they had enough common sence to bring weapons with them, this article doesn't say?

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Definately JoeJoe,

I would expect them to have weapons but it dosen't say, I don't get the impression that they did. The thing that worries me is that this happened in Cambodia and I'm hoping that these little dudes weren't just being exploited and used as "lion fodder". I'm not 100 percent that they did know what they were in for, their "handler" may have literally led them to slaughter. Who knows, it definately is a big old goofy World.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I had the impression they did not have weapons - their fearless leader assumed they would be able to over power the lion. I don't know what would have given him that idea.

I doubt they were forced into it, or tricked into it ... I get the impression they were all willing participants. If the tickets were sold out for 3 weeks, how would you keep the midgets from finding out? Then again, I'm not familar with Cambodia so I guess I really don't know.

JoeJoe
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Sweet mother of mercy! What total madness, what total stupidity!!! This wins the years Darwin award!

I was told that the tiny Chihuahua dog was used in pre history Mexico to hunt cougars (mountain lion). Packs of over a hundred would bring the big cat down. I guess this promoter Sihamoni thought that 48 small men was enough! I wonder what was going through the men’s head when they got into the ring with the beast. They had to know that several would be hurt, maimed, and probably killed before they subdued the critter! I also wonder is Mr. Sihamoni was one of the guys in the ring?

The insanity of people never ceases to amaze me. If you read that story as part of a novel you would think that the author was totally out of touch with human behavior. Whew!!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Somehow I was disappointed to find this out - I know, I'm a sick puppy:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/a/2005_05_10.htm

Now with that being discovered, how well do you think 42 midgets would do against a lion???

JoeJoe
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
I had a whole response written up about how stupid people get what they deserve but in the interests of good taste I'll just say:

GO LION!!!!!!
What would Wavy do?
Andini
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, OH
685 Posts

Profile of Andini
Whoever put this together was very clever. Very believable since you can navigate the rest of the site like the normal BBC news page.

It's always the midgets...
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Oh dear that's spoilt all the fun...

well this is for real it was in todys Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar......_id=1770

another example of our bright youngsters

Howard
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
What a pair of raving loonies!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
I have to say I was equally dumbfounded earlier this month by the antics of this lot

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engla......3027.stm

Students do idiotic things the world over, but the thought I had was why did they continue jumping after the first few had injured themselves.

And from here will come the next generation of Cabinet Ministers. Says it all.
High education. No common sense.
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Whew! Thank goodness that the story was a fraud (oh how easily I was taken in! I still pay the quarter to see the naked girl in the blade box!)I was truely worried about the midigets and was starting a relief fund. Now I'm stuck with $800.00 in donations to spend (well I can always justify spending it on myself as being short!).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Okay, you got me. I would still say "Go Lion!!!" though.
What would Wavy do?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Since this topic was brought up, Check out the Darwin Awards:

http://www.darwinawards.com/index.html

These are real stupid stuff people do, hence the dawin award since their gentic link to reproduce is gone! (Because they are dead!)
Dennis Michael
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I checked this first thing this morning. As I was sitting around last night I was saying to myself "there is no way this can be true, gotta be an urban legend" 28 people killed, no cameras allowed in the venue etc. Thanks JoeJoe for finding that, I was going to snopes first thing this morning.

I wouldn't mind seeing some mini-gladiators taking on a lion. If they had weapons, like swiss army knives or something.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
Yup, natural selection still works.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Wow.... usually on others boards either first or second got it... this one took awhile.

How is this for stratagy:

Let the lion eat 5 midgets on your team, wait for him to get full and tired, then bum rush him.
qwism
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of qwism
I think that strategy would work the same if he only ate one midget...i mean how many can he really fit in his mouth...

but that's another thing..
qwism
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of qwism
I think that strategy would work the same if he only ate one midget...i mean how many can he really fit in his mouth...

but that's another thing..
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I shouldn't laugh but.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL