The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Rolled up sleeves??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
stannmaple
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of stannmaple
Very well said Scott! Excellent point!
Dann
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I only work part time at best. Most times, when I perform for my students, I hear the "it's up his sleeves" comment.

Last paid show I had, I made a point of rolling my shirt sleeves up so that the sleeves were up almost to my elbow.

I think it made a difference. Only sleeves comment I heard was that they were up. My experience has been much the same as Scott's, the sleeves being up matter.

Your mileage may vary...
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
I do a lot of impromptu magic during the day - it helps me stand out amongst the other consultants in the world ("I remember you - you're the magician!") - and I'm frequently wearing short sleeves when I do. I've lost count of the number of times people have made comments on the order of, "Wow! And he's wearing short sleeves!", and I'm a mathematician: counting is my job.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
Rolled up sleeves for me too...see???

=Frank=
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Many people will say 'he even had his sleeves rolled up' to each other after you're gone when you won't hear it. Just because you don't hear them say it, doesn't mean they haven't/won't.

Also it looks cool Smile
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Rolled up sleeves??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL