We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Working Central Park in the 70's (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
380 Posts

Profile of atucci
I seem to remember someone working in front of a statue in Central Park during the early to mid-70's. He would do cards slights, rope tricks (he kept a spool of rope off to the side), and a cigarette routine. Probably did more but I just don't remember. I don't think it was Jeff Sheridan as this guy was somewhere in his 40's or 50's at the time. The name Lancaster comes to mind but I can't swear to it. I think he was honored some years ago at the annual Hunter College event but again I can't swear to it. I just remember the guy as we would go to Flosso's and Tannen's early Saturday, then head over to the park to watch him. Does anyone know who I'm talking about or should I up my medication?........again......

Tony Tuccillo
Sebastian, Florida
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
There is a Lou Lancaster. The age is about right. I met him just once in the late 80's. I'm not even sure if he's around anymore. Could be him, maybe not.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
380 Posts

Profile of atucci
Dave - thanks. Lou sounds familar and I believe the guy I saw was also demo'd at Tannens from time to time.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Working Central Park in the 70's (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL