The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Richard Ross's "Coins to Glass"....? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I am considering making my own coin's to Glass as performed by Richard Ross. Has anyone made this...if so, what kind of problems did you run into... I would also like to make this remote controlled...
Magically,
Bryan
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Bryan,
Years ago Tannen's put out the Robot Coins. It was/is a killer coins to glass. You cover the glass with a deck of cards, then a small silk just covering the top 1/3 of the glass. You step away and vanish 3 coins, as each vanishes it is heard to drop into the glass! Very cool.
Hopefully they still make it. I'm friends with Tony Spina (former Tannen's owner) and he gave me on once (gotta find it!).

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22650 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Don Alan had a craftsman in the St. Louis area make him a silver dollar size dropper in a deck as far back as 1960. Back then the effect 'blew' everyone away. He had them penetrate his dollar Okito coin box and the deck setting on a glass. They dropped slowly. Really mysterious looking.
Carlos Hampton
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Carlos Hampton
There is a version of the silver odisey made by collector currently made in Spain that is a thing of beauty. It will take coins form differnt cointries and of course the coins fly at your command, not timed like robot coins. This being said this little miracle is above 3,000 dollars.

There is an electronic version of Robot Coins also made in Spain that runs for about $400 I think. This on is remote controlled.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There is a version of the coins to glass that is in the Jack Hughes book. Basically, it is a copentro with a music box timer.

As for Don Alan, I remember Harold Martin telling me he had special copentro made for him with long fake fur to cover the slots so Don could do it closeup.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Richard Ross's "Coins to Glass"....? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL