The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Vernon's book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
calexa
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1635 Posts

Profile of calexa
Very good choice. You can´t go wrong with Card College, in this book you will find the foundations of card magic.

Magixx
Optimists have more fun.....
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2005-06-04 12:04, spycrapper wrote:
Thank you for all your replies here...now I've decided not to buy any vernon's book until I move into advanced...about RRTCM, some of my senior and few people on the other thread said that the book is hard to understand. so I decided to buy card college by Roberto Giobbi...
Card College is a series...5 volumes in all. If you are truly interested in taking your card magic knowledge to greater heights, then by all means invest in the entire set of books because these books are like eating potato chips...once you have one it's hard to stop! Smile Smile

<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Middleburg, Florida
380 Posts

Profile of atucci
Julie - I agree. Magic Digest was the first book I bought (from the now defunct Magic Shop at Disney World's Main Street) in 1972. It opened up the entire world of magic for me and from it, I discovered Tannen's in NYC.
Tony Tuccillo

Middleburg, Florida
spycrapper
View Profile
Loyal user
Indonesia
295 Posts

Profile of spycrapper
KRZ4kardz: it's so expensive to buy all the card college series... in other thread, some said that they only like the vol 1,2,and 3. they're dissatisfied with the rest 2...but buying 3 is still too expensive, so I'll just buy the first two volumes. do you think it's bad choice?
thx
Magic is life

Ario A.
visit my blog:
http://amagicblog.wordpress.com
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2005-06-07 03:51, spycrapper wrote:
KRZ4kardz: it's so expensive to buy all the card college series... in other thread, some said that they only like the vol 1,2,and 3. they're dissatisfied with the rest 2...but buying 3 is still too expensive, so I'll just buy the first two volumes. do you think it's bad choice?
thx
Absolutely not ...by all means buy the first 2 volumes and if you can sacrifice something get vol. 3 also. You will not regret it. But I must disagree about the 4th & 5th volumes...I love those also. There is so much info in the entire series, it's like an encyclopedia, a great reference source that will provide the cardician with a PhD in card magic! Good luck! Don't forget Vernon though, any book with his magic is priceless...make the choice!
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>> Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Gerald
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
317 Posts

Profile of Gerald
You might add the Bill Tarr "Now You See It, Now You Don't!" books one and two to the list if you can find them. These are sometimes overlooked as excellent beginner books. Also the Mark Wilson Course in Magic is a good beginner resource. These books are affordable. You might check out http://www.magicbookshop.com/ for a good book shop. Their costumer service is top notch.

Gerald
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Vernon's book (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL