The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Sound... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lord of Illusion
View Profile
Veteran user
Has his enemies stuck on
310 Posts

Profile of Lord of Illusion
Quote:
On 2005-05-29 03:20, Mayo wrote:
Just a thought.

A tarot deck, A spell chanting magician.

And a spin from that one....

Ok, how about this (no real effect yet, but I'll come up with something when I get back from 'Nawlin's)

Listen...you can almost hear the Magician invoking a spell.

And sure enough the spectator hears soft chanting, though the performer is tightlipped and silent.

This spins off an old idea to have theme music playing softly while performing a tablehopping bit.

Azrael
Edward Wolfgang Poe,

The Necromancer of the South
Dr_Stephen_Midnight
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Ohio, USA
1555 Posts

Profile of Dr_Stephen_Midnight
A variant:

I have a Screamin' 1:1 scale Hellraiser Puzzle Box (LaMarchand Box). I recorded a set of music box chimes onto a Radio Shack keychain/30-second recorder, so I could do a 'living and evil dead' test, with the box chiming when I hold the 'evil dead' card over it (subtly hitting the button on the recorder in my shirt pocket while hovering over the box).

Steve
Dr. Lao: "Do you know what wisdom is?"
Mike: "No."
Dr. Lao: "Wise answer."
Khopri
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
237 Posts

Profile of Khopri
Can those LaMarchand boxes be opened? Are they functional? (I mean, without worrying about that whole "gateway to Hell" thing.)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Nice about the puzzle boxs. Would like a Die box made from those. Also probably make a scary Rubik's Cube. Smile

Come to think of it... a Rubik's cube that shrieks might be provocative.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
The puzzle box fits perfectly over one of the novelty "Houdini in a trunk" cube toys that were out a few years ago. The one that knocks, shakes, and says, "Excuse me? Will you let me outta here!"

We have a puzzle box covering the Houdini box in our Library at Castle Blood. It sits innocently among some other artifacts, but is usually too annoying to the actors to be left on, but is sometimes turned on for the occasional joke/startle.

Chris
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Great idea...
the magicians is tightlipped and silent... not saying a word or spell...
then the audience hears someone whispering a snake language like in the harry potter movie...
Touchstone
View Profile
New user
Belgium
37 Posts

Profile of Touchstone
I use the requiem of Mozart, it's really nice!
Moderncelt
View Profile
Veteran user
Twin Cities MN
343 Posts

Profile of Moderncelt
Khopri: The screaming models can be "opened" because they are six panels glued together. If you want it to open, you don't glue the last panel and it can slide in and out. I have however seen some fan-work where the cube is a 3x3 inch block of mahogany and separates out in the diffent forms from the movie. They were, as can be expected, incredibly pricey.

Sean
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Sound... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL