The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » It never stops being funny . . . ever. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2490 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
You know, Eddie Murphey did a roputine in the 80's on SnL, whcih I will guess was called Prom Night. It was a reminder to men everywhere about the great time thay had back then, and followed by a horribly funny twist. As both a father and a high school teacher, I wish I had a copy of that routine on video. (Hint hint)
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
The Saturday Night Live skit with Clinton coming out after winning the Impeachment fight and saying:

"Ah aym bulletproof..." turns and starts to walk away... slowly comes back, "Next time, y'all better bring kryptonite!" does the double thumbs-up and the little lower lip-bite.

I almost died!

Also from the first show SNL ever did, Chevy Chase doing Weekend News Update: "This just in: there's been a break in the Jimmy Hoffa murder case - it was Colonel Mustard, in the Kitchen, with the Candlestick."

Major spit-take on that one, too!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
In my youth me, my brother and three friends had the best ever moment.

Near our houses was an abandoned school that was due for demolishing.
We used to break in and have fun. We had a whole gym to ourselves with mats, ropes, ladders ect. Anyway, one of our friends noticed that the canteen shutter was not locked so we all piled in.
After busting open all of the cupboards and finding plates, cups, bowls and more there was only one thing to do.
We spent the next 20 minutes smashing every piece of china in the place. We spend the next 10 minutes on the floor in tears of laughter.
You had to be there! Smile
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
It was a skit from the TV show "Taxi".
I'll relate this as best as I can recall.

Jim was taking his drivers test.
He asks, "What does a yellow light mean?"

They tell him," Slow down"
Jim says, "Whaaat doooes aaa yell-low light meannnn?"

They tell him," Go slow."

Jim says, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat dooooooooooes aaa yellllllllllllow liiight meannnn?"

And this goes on.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
A couple others from Taxi:

Jim and Latka are sitting at opposite sides of a chess board. Jim is obviously deep in thought and indecision. Latka is looking at him with a smile, his eyebrows up in expectation. Not one piece has yet been moved. Jim scratches his head, shrugs and speaks.

Jim: I give up! (There is a BIG laugh here)
Latka: It's CHESS! (Bigger laugh)
Jim: Dang! That was my next guess! (HUGE laugh!)

In another episode, there is a blizzard and Latka is stranded with a female fare. She says that if they don't do something soon to keep warm, they're going to die. She goes on to say that they should have sex. Latka is shocked and appalled at the idea, because he loves his wife Simka. The lady says that they have two choices, sex or death. Latka extends one hand and then the other as he says, Sex... or death... sex... death..." There's a long pause and then he puts his arm around her and says, "So tell me a little about yourself."

Later in that same episode, Latka is rescued. A few hours go by and all the guys are with Latka at his house, and he is absolutely mortified and scared to death that Simka will find out and leave him. They all tell him not to worry, there's no way she will ever know. Right on cue, Simka walks in. Latka looks at her, smiles and says, "Hello, sweetie-pie!" She freezes, her mouth open in horror, then she points at him and screams, "You had sex with another woman!"
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10764 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Anything by the Late great Ernie Kovacs , Peter Sellers and Sam Kenison..
vonny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
"vonny"?

Vinny, have you been drinking? You actually managed to misspell your own name! That's pretty funny in its own right!

Warm regards,

Skoot
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-06-02 21:50, vinsmagic wrote:
Anything by the Late great Ernie Kovacs , Peter Sellers and Sam Kenison..
vonny

Sam Kenison was genius. Love him in Rodney Dangerfield's Back to School movie. When he's the history professor, goes ballistic and rips the desk off. Priceless.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
For almost ten years the "crazy frog" ALWAYS made me laugh. I just couldn't help it! But since someone made it into a ring tone (a ring tone that is no. 1 on the aussie charts) its kind of sucked the fun out!
Chris Keppel
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City MO
544 Posts

Profile of Chris Keppel
I love the skit about the furniture salesman by Mad Tv

Sofa King
www.chriskeppel.com
Kepp's Custom Carbon Fiber
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2756 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-05-31 18:14, thegreatgeorgio wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-05-30 12:13, lastnitesfun wrote:
King Arthur vs the Black Knight . . . from "Monty Python In Search of the Holy Grail"

I just saw that film today! Its great!

thanks

George

...and the musical just won the Tony! Go Python!!!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2756 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
A "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" moment;

The were playing "The Industructable Man" with Lon Chaney Jr. as an executed killer brought back from the dead. His girlfriend tries to tell the police that he's come to her dressing room (she's a showgirl) and the police officer narrating the film states:

"Janet tried to tell the police that the killer had appeared backstage, but they wouldn't believe her. And who can blame them? After all, who would believe a man could rise from the dead?"

And Joel responds, very casually;

"Oh, I don't know. Millions of Christians?"
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
coolleprechaun
View Profile
Regular user
Winnipeg, Manitoba
108 Posts

Profile of coolleprechaun
Quote:
On 2005-06-01 02:26, Jordini wrote:
Two words:

Family Guy

AMEN, FAMILY GUY IS THE BEST!!!! escpecially the new episodes
chajodawg
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of chajodawg
Although the new one last night was lackluster in my opinion. Overall though, Family Guy is hilarious.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
I'm glad Ernie Kovacs was mentioned.

May I add - Monty Python!
- it doesn't get any funnier than the dead bird skit
- or "my brain hurts"
- or the school to go to for experiencing arguments

and on and on
kerpa
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Rowan Atkinson's Wedding at Canna. "And they said unto the Lord, that was really good, do you do childrens parties?" gets me every time
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
Animaniacs... Especially when Wacko belched an opera song and then they followed that with him just sitting there quietly... I just couldn't stop laughing...
I miss them

And Most stuff from Mad TV. Especially Bunifa, Lorraine, Ms. Swan, and oh, oh oh! DOT! Everytime that lady does a character I risk wetting my pants...
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
And yes, Family Guy!
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Mystery Science Theater - Teenagers From Outer Space when the flying saucer touches down and Crowe (if I recall corrctly) says: "Look! Audrey Hepburn's hat from breakfast at Tiffany'e is making an emergency landing!"

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Maybe I am a bit juvenile, but home videos of people getting whacked in the crotch and people getting bonked in the head, never fail to make me laugh.
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » It never stops being funny . . . ever. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL