The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » It never stops being funny . . . ever. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
boynextdoor
View Profile
Regular user
Lancaster
129 Posts

Profile of boynextdoor
This is my kind of guy!
Trapeze above the Grand Canyon. Be impressed.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2755 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-05-30 01:03, Patrick Differ wrote:
Charlie Chaplin never stops being funny. Ever.

I guess it's a matter of taste. I never found Charlie Chaplin funny, ever.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Hiya, Magi:

Thanks for the memories and the laughs: A rat outlined in chalk?!!! The Nairobi Trio! It's just a bloody flesh wound!

May I offer a few amendments?

"Mommy Dearest" (Okay, it wasn't SUPPOSED to be a funny biopic...)
Carlin, "Occupation: Foole"
Chase, "Vacation," "Christmas Vacation" (Smoked feline, anyone?)
Gallagher, "Sledge O Matic"
Emo Phillips
Steven Wright
And selected bits from "The Carol Burnett Show," "SCTV," "The Smothers Brothers" and various (certainly not entire) Cheech & Chong flicks.

Lastly, anybody else remember a late-seventies Aussie comedy show starring Paul Hogan?

Leland
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2005-06-10 11:42, Leland Stone wrote:

Lastly, anybody else remember a late-seventies Aussie comedy show starring Paul Hogan?

Leland

Sure do, would love to see it again. I remember some kind of "Pope Olympics" with Paul Hogan in Pope attire flinging the incense thing like a hammer throw. Wonder if this is on DVD?
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-06-02 21:50, vinsmagic wrote:
Anything by the Late great Ernie Kovacs , Peter Sellers and Sam Kenison..
vonny

Kinnison was a genius!

No one ever like him. We love and miss ya Sam!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Songs: Tom Smith's "Alien Adventures" final line (done to the Tiny Toon's theme: "De de dit de dedeee, no one can hear you scream!" available at http://www.tomsmithonline.com and lots of his other stuff, including "The Rocky Horror Muppet Show!"

And, for those into Rap - almost anything by The Great Luke Ski! http://www.lukeski.com

Friends of mine, can you tell? And two very funny guys with a scince-fictional bent (or is that warp?)

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
How about a bit that a magician does that makes me laugh every time I think about it? Bob Read and his portable dog carrier. He's a comic genius.
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1305 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
From movies, the mexican chameleon from Dr. Doolitle 2, a few on his lines (in mexican accent):

"I cant blend in, I'm a broken blender"

(When a bear is trying to do something-cant remember what-with his eyes covered) "Use the Force"

In magic, Mike Cavaney doing his Knife thru arm/utensils/chicken routine.

In real life, my friend's parrot who refuses to fly. She's close to 40 years old and doesn't fly. She can, but as all other members of her family walk, so does she. She only flies in her room to get to her perch but walks around the house. She looks really amusing, wobbling around.
Sent from my Typewriter
Amir
View Profile
Loyal user
New York.
296 Posts

Profile of Amir
Quote:
On 2005-06-01 02:26, Jordini wrote:
Two words:

Family Guy

Amen Brother
nostrings
View Profile
Loyal user
Newport News, VA
294 Posts

Profile of nostrings
Bill Cosby's Himself

Adam
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Television : Fawlty Towers, Andy Griffith, Simpsons
Movies : Young Frankenstien, Silent Movie, Blazing Saddles. Yeah I like Mel.
Books : Far Side, Milton Berle's Joke Book
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2755 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-06-06 00:29, Chris Keppel wrote:
I love the skit about the furniture salesman by Mad Tv

Sofa King

Caught Mad TV once, they did a parody of the stop motion "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" where Rudolph lost it and took out Santa's entire workshop, fat man and all! Haven't had the nerve to see the show since!

Maybe it's a personal button, but as a big Weird Al Yankovich fan, I feel the same way about "The Night Santa Went Crazy." There's just some things you don't mess with!
Ain't life unkind?"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Rowan Atkinson in his Mr. Bean persona...

Never stops being funny...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Agreed, Family Guy is genious (Stewie I should say). That and the Simpsons are the best comedies to leave America by far.

Of course Monty Python - Life of Brian is one of my favourite films of all time:

'I think it was...blessed are the cheesemakers'
'What's so special about the cheesemakers?'
'Darling, obviously its not meant to be taken literally. It refers to any manufacturers of dairy products.'

Genius.

Second the Big Lebowski - Poor Donny.

And probably my favourite, who I only have to look at to laugh - probably the funniest man ever - Tommy Cooper. 'Egg bag bag egg'. One of a kind, who will be missed.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Monty Python's great! Believe it or not, I used to use some combined lines from The Holy Grail as a heckler comeback:

"You silly English pig-dog, animal-food-trough wiper. I fart in your general direction and wave my private parts at your auntie. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of Elderberries, you empty-headed wiper of other peoples' bottoms. Now go away before I taunt you a second time. Hoo hoo, hoo hoo hoo."

That would usually shut the heckler up, if for no other reason that he didn't want to interact with a crazy person.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Very good Larry! Glad to see another Python fan - they're still huge in England,even after all those years!

The French actually talk like that, too.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
"We don't dare risk another frontal assault, that rabbits dynamite"

"WHAT? A Baby?" "Don't you oppress me" "I'm not oppressing you stan, You haven't got a womb. Where will the baby gestate?"
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
"WHAT? A Baby?" "Don't you oppress me" "I'm not oppressing you stan, You haven't got a womb. Where will the baby gestate?"

Nice one Josh, to continue;

Reg: I'm not opressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb. Where is the foetus going to gestate? You're going to keep it in a box?

Loretta(Stan): Sniff.

Judith: Here, I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the Romans', but that he can have the right to have babies.

Rogers: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to have babies, brother. Sister! Sorry.

Reg: What's the point?

Rogers: What?

Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he can't have babies?

Rogers: It is symbolic of our struggle against opression.

Reg: Symbolic of his struggle against reality.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
So so so good! Right, here we go...

ARTHUR: Well, I am king!
DENNIS: Oh king, eh, very nice. And how d'you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers! By 'anging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. If there's ever going to be any progress with the--
WOMAN: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.
DENNIS: You're fooling yourself. We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--
DENNIS: I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting-- By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,-- But by a two-thirds majority in the case of more major--

WOMAN: Well, how did you become king then?
ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake,... [angels sing] ...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [singing stops] That is why I am your king!
DENNIS: Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
ARTHUR: Be quiet!
DENNIS: Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!
ARTHUR: Shut up, will you. Shut up!
DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.
ARTHUR: Shut up!
DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed!
ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!
DENNIS: Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

Sorry.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2755 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-06-23 15:26, Josh Riel wrote:
"We don't dare risk another frontal assault, that rabbits dynamite"

A friend of mine at Marvel actually had a rabbit she named "Dynamite!"
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » It never stops being funny . . . ever. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL