The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown-The Gathering (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Leandro
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Leandro
Really?
I'm talking about the one that he gave to the girl on the two digit number thing!
I understand the principle in Reminescence, but this one seemed quite diferent...I may be wrong of course...
MIC
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of MIC
A ok.. I thought you were clueless sorry :S.. the standard preconsumption that everyone (me included) have on such boards (I guess it comes naturally.)

anyway... I believe no special board is needed, just the method you know.

I guess...
mic
Leandro
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Leandro
Yes, I agree.
I don't use any special board. But I think that the method used in The Gathering it's quite interesting...unnecessary, but cool;)

Leandro
T-RAY
View Profile
Inner circle
1539 Posts

Profile of T-RAY
Derren Brown's shows are cool as #%$@......new levels......The Seance is good too..
Aubrey de Wet
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa, Johannesburg
111 Posts

Profile of Aubrey de Wet
Ever notice how people tend to refer to Brown as just 'Derren', but Blaine is called 'David Blaine'...?
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
All those asking for Darren's methods -- go to this link....ALL will be revealed!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......5&23

ENJOY!
xxx
Sfarad
View Profile
Loyal user
Israel
233 Posts

Profile of Sfarad
No need to reveal nothing, those who don't know the methods or seek despertly are the amateur unexperienced..Time will give them answers.
'Magic is the bloodstream of the universe. Forget all you know or think you know! All that you require, is your intuition'.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Quote:
On 2006-02-11 15:53, Sfarad wrote:
No need to reveal nothing, those who don't know the methods or seek despertly are the amateur unexperienced..Time will give them answers.

Follow the link. He is joking!
CarlD
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of CarlD
I also feel that it doesn't matter how a trick is done, the effect of the errr... effect is all that matters. We are, or should be, entertainers first and foremost.

We should learn from performances by looking at the reactions of our audiences and asking what effect each trick has had on them. We would then learn how better to move, how better to speak - the things they're prepared to believe and not believe. They hold the key, not other mentalists. I want to watch a version of any of Derren's shows through a camera trained on the audience, then I'll really be learning.

We should be asking, what convinced people who saw the show? What didn't? Why? It's not about Derren, but the people he and we are playing to. It's their psychology - and emotional responses to what we do - that we need to be acutely and continually aware of.

CarlD
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
Anybody know if his bank night routine is published anywhere?
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Sorry -- I just watched the gathering, had to drag this up again....

GREAT stuff...

very nice -- nice style, tempting for all to duplicate...

well -- it was in 95 anyways, which explains all the clones....

;-)
xxx
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
I wish this thread would just vanish.......
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
Why ?
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
People guessing how Derren did what. Is this the Café, or some layman website?
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
The Café. People here make "educated guesses"... Some laymen sites on Derren are funnier and the discussions are often friendlier...
Lukasz P
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of Lukasz P
Love this show and watched this many times . He used many fantastic mental magic methods but I still don't know how he read a name with girl routine . It wasn't peek or DR and I don't belive in lip reading . Maybe it was pre s ? What are you thinking about this ?
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2015, chlopiec wrote:
What are you thinking about this ?

I'm thinking we don't guess at other guy's methods in here.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2367 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Three things chlopiec:
1. Thank you for using the search feature to bring up an existing thread rather than starting a new one. Good etiquette.
2. This thread (I'm pretty sure) pre-dates the Inner Thoughts forum, so there is a lot of candid discussion of methods in here that these days we'd disapprove of. What matcut has said is true - we don't discuss methods in Penny any more, and we now also tend to take a dim view of guessing at and exposing another performer's work.
3. If you read over all 6 pages of this discussion you'll find some possible answers to your question. Whether they are right or not is immaterial, so long as such methods could work for you.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown-The Gathering (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL