The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Favorite Impromptu Restaurant effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
gforster
View Profile
Regular user
californian living in wisconsin
136 Posts

Profile of gforster
I love any of the pk silverware stuff.

The other night I was totally caught off guard. I was eating and the people I was with kept saying "do a trick." (I felt like fido). anyway, I notice that there were two salt shakers on the table, instead of salt and pepper. What an opportunity! I casually excused myself to the bathroom, and loaded a pepper from another table. When I got back, I waited a few minutes, then said "why are there two salt shakers and no pepper shaker."

I then did a switch [would say, but for fear of any exposure (I'm not familiar enough with this board yet to know where to draw the line) I won't]. it went over wonderfully!
EVENTVS STVLTORVM MAGISTER
brownbeauty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of brownbeauty
My favorite impromtu effect is "coins under saltshaker".

Rudy
Bob Gerdes
View Profile
Loyal user
Northport, NY
238 Posts

Profile of Bob Gerdes
Maybe it might be more of a gag, but Mac King's "Eyescream" (jabbing a fork into your eyeball) can be a lot of fun if done at the right time. Smile

(I do it without exposing the M.O. at the end.)

Bob
Eschew obfuscation
delpfin
View Profile
New user
Poland
53 Posts

Profile of delpfin
My favorite is traveling boobles from one can to second can. This is Paul Haris idea (I learn it from T. Mullica video). Very nice, simple to do and really impromptu Smile
brownbeauty
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of brownbeauty
Another favorite is David Williamsons "salt in coffee cup". (I don't remember the correct name for it, it was written up in Genii Magazine several years ago).
Effect: inside of coffee cup is wiped clean by spectator then set aside. A handful of salt is then made to vanish, spectator is asked to look in coffee cup and the salt has reappeared inside.

Rudy
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Apart from loops there is a great routine on one of Greg Wilsons videos, a penetration of a ring onto a spoon and then the vanish and reproduction of the ring. This routine has been gold to me. Thanks Greg!!!
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of jezza
My fave whilst seated is vanishing fork, done when they are under the impression you are bending it, you then vanish it (involves misdirection and lapping like salt shaker trick)
Marcelo
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Marcelo
Sponge napkins without a doubt. I love it!
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Greg Wilson's Glossy Finish, off his On the Spot videos.
Zap
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Zap
Coin in Sugar Pack, from the much maligned Jawdroppers video is a great effect. When this infomercial was running on TV the boards were full of magicians who got the method wrong! Very good example of misdirection and naturalness instead of finger-flicking.
kaitou
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of kaitou
Quote:
On 2002-12-17 00:14, Bill Palmer wrote:
My all time favorite impromptu effect is one that can be done just about anywhere, including a restaurant. You can borrow all the props. You borrow a quarter, a nickel and a dime. Write "Why the Dime?" on the back of a business card (without allowing the spectators to see what you have written). Then place the card on the table with the writing side down.

Place the three coins on top of the card. I think most of you know how this finishes up. It may seem to be a silly trick, but it really amazes the spectators.

I fear I don't, can I get a hint on it please? Smile
markkwan
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of markkwan
I usually like to do the spoon thru ring from Best of Sankey, vol 1. it's fast, quick and in your face.
What good is a night, when you can't break it.
VampOfVegas
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
56 Posts

Profile of VampOfVegas
Glass through table is a good one. Along with the old bending spoon.
-=:Va(v)p:=-
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
One cup/bowl routine with lemon or bread roll final load... salt shaker thru table. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jesse Dains
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Jesse Dains
I am kinda lazy. In that situation I will to Memory effects or cold reading.
.............Jesse
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
I always wear rubberbands so...I would have to say crazy man's handcuffs.

P.S This is my 500th Smile
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3589 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
I believe there is a routine by Slydini using a sugar packet. Open the packet, pour out the sugar, vanish it. Hand the empty(?) sugar packet to the spectator. It's now full.

This kills.

Flight of the Paper Balls plays well, too, speaking of Slydini...

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
I will go into a restaurant with a group and secretly take someone's spoon as we are sitting down. (secretly place it shell like into your own spoon). When they notice they don't have one, announce that you can fix that. Pick up your nestled spoons as one, with the back towards them and proceed to rip it into two spoons and give them one. This usually gets a few jaws dropping.
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
keven
View Profile
Regular user
Apple Valley Ca
106 Posts

Profile of keven
I like the singed 25c into a sugar pack
Penn & Teller "God Bless Them"
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Hello everyone,

I like crazy manshancuffs followed by a rubberband vanish (You have the rubberbands in the beginning position of CMH and vanish one of them, very clean, great effect, you can reproduce the second rubberband from wherever you like, I prefer from my sock).
Also the coin that falls upwards by John Cornelius. I do this twice and then ask the spectator if he/she wants to try it. Then I vanish the coin using a retention pass, and show both hands empty using a whiped clean move from micheal Ammar and finally reproduce it on my upperarm. Blows them away completly.

Simon (<---- new here)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Favorite Impromptu Restaurant effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL