The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Favorite Impromptu Restaurant effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
pasteboardforbrains
View Profile
Regular user
Cincinnati, Ohio
113 Posts

Profile of pasteboardforbrains
I like... Saltshaker vanish/through the table, zombie roll, and spoon bend.
Smile
Parker Caldwell

sigh... nothing to quote
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
If a can borow a cigarette, I do a short routine with it, like vanish it, sticking it up my nose, ripping the filter off and restoring it.

I also like the saltshaker through table with a borowed coin. I follow up with watch the coin by Mark Nathan Sicher, and if I hapends to have some wax on me I end it with coin on ceiling.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
jmm1303
View Profile
New user
Tennessee
49 Posts

Profile of jmm1303
I just pull a knife from a roll really easy, but pretty cool
koan
View Profile
New user
San Francisco
63 Posts

Profile of koan
I like sankey's penetrating straws
if a dove appears in the woods and no one is around to see it... is it magic?
Don Wilson
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Don Wilson
If there is a dollar bill on the table or bar, I do the bill tear- it is always powerful to borrow someones money to do a trick- especially tearing up their bill. Don Wilson
PyroDevil
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
156 Posts

Profile of PyroDevil
Mr. Clean Coins Across.
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
Decoy and Keven,

What version of coin to sugar packet are you discussing. (I'm not asking for the methodology, just a reference). Thanks.
brianmayo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of brianmayo
I've found just about anything can do, depending on the 'perception' of your abilities before you even begin. What I mean is I've done something as simple as write a 'prediction' down and do a simple force of 5 objects on a table. Might not be that effective if you were to just walk up to somebody, but when you're with people who already are a bit of a 'believer' in stuff you do, it can be fantastic.

Oh, and one other thing. There was this guy who had really become a little too freaked over some stuff, and (I couldn't believe I even tried it) I did the 'prediction' (for lack of a better word) of a card where you have them pick a number between 1 to 4, then pick a color red or black, then pick one of the suits. (where they 'often' pick 3 of hearts) AMAZINGLY he followed it step by step, and I had that 'prediction' sitting under his hand the whole time. (I wrote the 'card' value and suit on a piece of paper)

After seeing his reaction I'm quite certain he'll always remember me. Anyway, just a fun story I thought I'd share.
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
There is a great little prediction trick that I like to do involving sugar packets. I forgot where I got the effect from but it is pretty much like using the old double-sided quarter and predicting the date on the remaining coin.

I use about 10 sugar packets and number them from one through 10. I make my prediction on a napkin to which number sugar packet will be left remaining. The spectator gathers up all the sugar packets, shakes them in their hands and throws them up to land on the table. All sugar packets that land number side down are eliminated. When one sugar packet is remaining, my prediction is turned over and the number matches. Smile
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Life without a thumb tip is no life at all. I buy them by the dozens and lose them in dry cleaning like there was a future to it. But there is always something that you can do with it that is specific to that meeting. If nothing else, you can trade business cards or come up with enough money to pay the tip or the tab. Yep! I'm all thumbs. I wonder what the other fingers are for?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
I disappear when the check comes. Smile
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
I like to use Sankey's "Stirring Silver" It's a great penetration effect using a spoon and a borrowed ring. I first learned it off of Sankey-tized I believe, but it is also on his "Best of … " DVDs. Not sure what volume off the top of my head. I'll have to check when I get home.
-Chris
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
Before I start, I think it should be mandatory people list Creators and the Source behind some of the lesser known effects so we may locate them.

Two effects: One is from Magic for Dummies. It requires a small set up but you could carry it with you anytime.

Effect: You take a packet of sugar and empty the contents into your fist. The sugar disappears. All is examinable. Secret: Take a sugar packet poke a pen sized hole in the bottom and empty the sugar. Plant the packet or switch it in. Rip the packet at the side with the hole. You are clean. The rest is acting! People enjoy watching this effect as I act like this may not work and I might look stupid. It creates suspense.

2nd is from Johnny Tremain's Encores 3 video. A truly unique 1 dollar bill tear. You borrow their bill and immediately rip it! It's stunning. I won't give away the secret but PM and we can share effects. No thumb tip! There bill is actually ripped! You end clean with both hands shown.
mattmann101
View Profile
New user
Blackburn, Lancashire (of 4000 holes)
27 Posts

Profile of mattmann101
I'm a fan of salt shaker through table and T&R napkin, though I have started doing a burned &R napkin now, as burning the napkin is more visual and I think it's a bigger shock.

Cheers
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
In addition to many of the options listed I'll do a paddle effect with a butter knife and bits of napkin stuck to the blade with water.
CamelotFX
View Profile
Special user
Minnesota
596 Posts

Profile of CamelotFX
Quote:
On 2003-11-07 02:53, kihei kid wrote:
I disappear when the check comes. Smile

Hahahahaha! My favorite is "Italian Spoon" but I cannot remember who did it on the Tonight Show 15 years ago or so. It's self-working but looks remarkably difficult.
Darko
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Darko
Glass through the table.
Metalepsis
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Metalepsis
Quote:
On 2003-01-22 23:43, marlynn wrote:
When I feel the need for a peek, I order my coffee black.

How to cheat at poker...Yellow Springs Library.

M
ljgrant
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of ljgrant
My favorite impromptu restaurant trick is the vanishing salt shaker, presented as a coin vanish. You know the trick, the coin stays, the shaker vanishes.

I did this at DisneyWorld for my family, and my wife, who thinks my magic is pretty tame, was truly amazed.

As it happened, one of the most famous magicians of all time, Merlin the Magnificent, was strolling by. My youngest then maybe three proceeded to repeat the trick for Merlin. Just as she had just seen me do it.

Of course, nothing vanished from under the napkin. This startling revelation upset the child so much that she made everything vanish by brute force, waving her arms frantically side to side. (It looked like a version of removing the table cloth and leaving the table still perfectly set for dinner.) We weren't charged for breakage.

Merlin said, "Impressive technique." Totally deadpan.

This is the funniest magic trick I've ever seen.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I like to do a balancing act. Spoon and fork with toothpick balanced on edge of glass.
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Favorite Impromptu Restaurant effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL