The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Favorite Impromptu Restaurant effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I've always liked this one that I found in some library book a long time ago. Shake a little salt on the table and hold the shaker in your fist. Take the pepper shaker in your other fist and sprinkle a little pepper over the fist holding the salt shaker. Open that hand...and the salt shaker has disappeared. Now take a pinch of salt off the table and sprinkle it over the fist holding the pepper shaker. Open that fist, and the pepper shaker has vanished as well. Just a little well-timed la__ing and you've got a miracle. I also like the thumb-tipless version of burnt and restored napkin as performed by Tom Mullica on Vol. 16 of Expert Impromptu Magic Made Easy (Video).
LR2
View Profile
Regular user
Humble, Texas
116 Posts

Profile of LR2
Quote:
On 2002-10-23 06:18, actorscotty wrote:
How about "floating dinner roll" (fork is the Zombie gimmick, and cover is a napkin)...

EXACTLY what I was going to say. I did this effect just the other day too.
mugician51
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mugician51
Vanishing sugar is a pretty nice trick, although the clean up afterwards is a bit messy...
Also that spoon bending routine where you don't actually bend the spoon is pretty good, and better for impromptu restaurant performances than actual spoon bending, since most silverware is pretty sturdy these days.
Magic Sam
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of Magic Sam
<i>There is a great little prediction trick that I like to do involving sugar packets. I forgot where I got the effect from but it is pretty much like using the old double-sided quarter and predicting the date on the remaining coin.

I use about 10 sugar packets and number them from one through 10. I make my prediction on a napkin to which number sugar packet will be left remaining. The spectator gathers up all the sugar packets, shakes them in their hands and throws them up to land on the table. All sugar packets that land number side down are eliminated. When one sugar packet is remaining, my prediction is turned over and the number matches.</i>

This effect is from Paul Harris' Art of astonishment Vol. 3. It's very powerful, I find. I'll do Stirring Silver (Sankey) if someone has a ring, or more often, borrow a penny and quarter and do a transposition with no dupes. My favorite impromptu is Thumb Thru Ear (no TT, just some acrobatics). I don't know where it's from, so I appreciate any input, but Harry Allen taught it to me a few years ago.
Magic is like a party in your eyes, where everyone's drunk and breaking the furniture
BondJames628
View Profile
Regular user
Alabama
110 Posts

Profile of BondJames628
I like the floating dinner roll, the salt shaker through table, and also the bent and restored spoon. Also, I've found out if you pass the salt shaker under the table to someone who is helping you, they can set it on the table while the attention is on you. Then you can make it vanish from the napkin, and then make it reappear back on the table. Instead of just making it pass through the table. Just a suggestion.
:coffee:
Beyond Impossible: www.freewebs.com/illoosionzmagic

"I close my eyes in order to see"
~Paul Gauguin
NMaggio
View Profile
New user
Nick Maggio
100 Posts

Profile of NMaggio
The bouncing dinner roll ala Jay Marshall and the magnetized straw are two of my favorites. The straw used to be a cigarette before PC. Lay the straw on the table, scribe a circle around it a few times to magnetize the straw then have it roll along with your finger as you move your hand away from you.

Nick Maggio
Paul D
View Profile
Elite user
NY
455 Posts

Profile of Paul D
When I do restauraunt work I like to get there before serice to do my pre show set up and in this time I like to plant cards under table clothes and tape cards to windows and put cards in vases.
Astonishment as Therapy...?
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
270 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
"I like... Saltshaker vanish/through the table, zombie roll, and spoon bend."

I would totally agree with this statement. I have been doing these effects since I was a kid, and still do them today Smile
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1229 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Any routine with spoon, coin, bill, straw and crayons could work. Look at Martin Garder's Encyclopedia of Impromptu Magic, the best resource you can find.
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
397 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
Didn't see it, did anyone m,ention starcle?
massive_hair
View Profile
New user
Cambridge
5 Posts

Profile of massive_hair
I had a "great" time with the glass (salt shaker) through table once... For some reason basically I missed the drop and had the horrendous feeling of a glass rolling down my leg and smashing on the floor (damn tiled floors). Needless to say the magic was lost at that point, but the waiter was really cool about it and didn't seem to mind me crawling around on the floor sweeping glass from under the table!
Chris
Eva
View Profile
Regular user
Magicienne
125 Posts

Profile of Eva
Bill switch...napkin to a real bill. (Muerte's gimickless bill switch)
"Believe it, or believe it not!" ~ Manuel Muerte

(__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Favorite Impromptu Restaurant effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL