The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Palming "Slips" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I don't do much coin magic, but enough to get me by. I am very adept at many sleights, but decided to start working with coins that you coin experts refer to as "slips". My palming ability has taken a step backward as the ridge is pretty much gone on the coins to classic palm with any degree of consistency. Do I just need to work a bit to add to my skill set or do you guys rough the edges up a bit? If you do, how do you do it? Any help would be appreciated. I'm not afraid to practice, just not sure what direction to go at this time.
Coram Deo
leko
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
202 Posts

Profile of leko
Could a coin expert tell me what "slips" are?
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
Hi, sometimes if my palms are too sweaty I will use slicks or " soft coins" that have the edges remilled. Smile
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I made a mistake (I must have been tired, they are called "slicks"; not "slips". The coins are severely worn so that when they slide against each other the noise is minimized. My experience with the coins is that the edges are also "slick" and difficult to palm as there is little to no milled edge left.
Coram Deo
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
The term 'soft coins' is used for worn coins.
Smooth edges are tough!
A lot of pros have the edges re-milled or buy special soft coins with the edges already milled.
Time permitting, a fine jeweler's file could be used to add grooves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Palming "Slips" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL