The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Magiczone is coming to a mall near you (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
wand
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of wand
Didn't I see these same types of posts when the exposure shows were running?? It didn't make a bit of difference. I perform street and formal magic (when I can get the work) and neither suffered a bit from the exposure.

90 percent of the people who buy magic from anywhere will play with it for awhile, maybe show some girl at a bar how they can make salt vanish from their fist a few times and then it will get tossed into a drawer and forgotten. Even most children whose parents buy them these items will play with them for about one week before abandoning them for the next video game on the market.

During my street routine, I use the belanger cigarette through the quarter which is far superior to the gaffed one and can be done surrounded and I have never had a single person mention the one that was exposed.

These kiosks are doing absolutely nothing to harm the art of magic as far as the serious performer is concerned. Besides, they are not much different from the Houdini's chain which sells an entire line of self working tricks including IT and stripper decks/svengali decks. I don't see anyone complaining about them hurting the art.

JUST DO THE MAGIC, THE GOOD MAGIC AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT EXPOSURE SHOWS, KIOSKS SELLING TO JUST ANYBODY(YOU WERE JUST ANYBODY BEFORE YOU BOUGHT YOUR FIRST TRICK)AND THINGS OF THIS SORT.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Quote:
On 2002-12-21 15:32, Dark illusionist wrote:
When I was younger (and dumber) I paid 15 bucks for a piece of paper and some ropes after watching some loser perform the Professor's Nightmare at a store called Magicmax. Boy was I ripped off. Well I had the pleasure of watching Magicmax close hahaha.

Jonathan
Smile

Magic max is still open. But anyway I saw a magician who did Prof. Nightmare and after seeing him $15 would not be a bad price to pay.
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
Jeff Sheridan told me once " learn the hard stuff and you will have no competition "...............
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
O.K. I have a question for all of you.
What in your opinion, would be the make-up of a mall type kiosk that would be a place you as a magician would shop at or at least find acceptable. It seems that the main issues are incompetent workers exposing secrets and a business that is trying to shove certain products down peoples throats.
I have considered running a kiosk which would not be a franchise, but independent. Reading these threads definitely made me consider the consequences of being kind of a "Black Sheep" of the magic community. For what it's worth, I do what I can to promote magic and present it as something more than Uncle Joe doing a run of the mill card trick. Although, having said that, my interest in magic was sparked in me as a kid through several avenues. My Grandfather (Uncle Joe so to speak) doing "run of the mill magic" for me, a Royal Magic display at a local toy store (kind of a kiosk setting in a way)with Jiffy Coin trick, Finger Chopper, etc, then there was Mark Wilson's TV show. My point is that we all got started somewhere and maybe a magic kiosk run respectably would be a plus to magic.
I'd appreciate any comments (flames included), opinions, whatever on this.

Thanks,
Jack (I'm off to dig out my flame proof cloak)
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
enigmaticmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle
313 Posts

Profile of enigmaticmagic
I went to my local magic shop yesterday... I saw a kid about my age walk in and buy maybe 20 bucks in gimmicked decks. a few minuetes later I saw some teen buy a fire wallet and a mother buy scotch and soda for there 4-6 year old daughter... 50 bucks says that these people will in a few weeks forget about magic. the 4 to 6 year old will never open the pages of bobos. the random kid will never hear of the likes of endrase and marlo, and his teen with the fire wallet will never get into performing stage magic. with magic being sold to the public so easily these days. it really makes me wonder what will happen to magicians in the future. in a few years someone will pop up on tv and do somthing out of the ordinary. perhaps it will be city climbing or break dancing. and magic will be left for the magicians once again...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
We had one of these places at Katy Mills for about a year. The guys really tried hard to make it work, but there just wasn't enough interest to keep them open.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
The thread title should be renamed "Magiczone is dying at a mall near you."
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2005-06-20 11:48, Brian Proctor wrote:
The thread title should be renamed "Magiczone is dying at a mall near you."

I've noticed that the big double page ads in the journals have disappeared as well.
Did anyone except the creators of this scheme ever make a dime off of it?
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
jwebyra
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
140 Posts

Profile of jwebyra
MagicZone has just opened a kiosk at a mall near me. It will be interesting to see what happens since the mall is right now going on a major expansion.

Ron
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2322 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Wow, I thought they were done. I have not heard anything about MagicZone in a long time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Magiczone is coming to a mall near you (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL