The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Stud Poker Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I wasnt sure if this was brought up before, But Walgreens has exclusive playing cards called Stud's. I decided to give these a go around. I was supprised at how nicely these cards handled. They are much thinner than normal bikes. But are very good quality.
Jake Boone
View Profile
New user
Cottage Grove, OR
78 Posts

Profile of Jake Boone
"They are much thinner than normal bikes."

So are these, otherwise, standard Bicycle cards, or are they a wholly different pack? If they're Bikes, then certain nifty effects could be performed with a single "thick" Bike in a deck of these new ones, or one of the "Studs" in a standard deck of Bikes.

Or am I misunderstanding entirely?

-- Jake
"Trust everyone... but cut the cards."
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
They are different cards, but still by USPCC. Kind of like comparing bikes and bees.
The Presitidigitationist
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Studs are a good quality deck that occasionally sell for a buck each. While the quality may have gone downhill slightly since USPC purchased the company that made them, they're still a great bargain. The stock is a little thinner than Bikes, but they handle, fan and faro smoothly.
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Right now walgreens has them for 2 for 3 bucks. That is the only reason I purchased them. Now I wish I would have tried them out earlier. I put these up there with my tally hos and Tactical Field Decks.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
They are really raelly very thin.
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
RADIOMAN
View Profile
New user
Collegeville, PA
24 Posts

Profile of RADIOMAN
Corey,

I have always bought USPCC decks because they hold up well after much usage in games. I bought a couple packs of Aviator design recently and started using them only for tricks. I think I paid $2.00 a pack at Walmart. They work well so I will stick with what works.

It's the old saying, "You get what you pay for."

Bob
Robert Daniels. "The Great Mystini"
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I use all kinds of different decks. I have used Aviators before and they are not bad. My perferred deck though is the Bicycle Tactical Field decks, and the Tally Ho's. When I saw the stud cards I thought I was going to be getting some really crappy cards. I was amazed though at how well these cards handled. For a buck fifty a deck, You cant beat em.
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Smile I've been using the Studs for a couple of months now and I am surprised how well they have held up. I discovered them almost a year ago and put off buying them because I thought they would'nt be any good. I bought a pack about three months ago and quite frankly I like them. They are thin and I have trouble w/DLs, sometimes I pick up 3 cards instead of 2 so I'll stick with the Tally Hos and Bikes...but they are nice and the back design is different. I got 3 Jokers in the pack too. Smile

<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Justin2200
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Justin2200
I picked up a couple decks of these the other day. One problem. I didn't read the boxes and accidentally got a red and blue deck of pinochle cards. Oh well, I got spares for when I get more STUDs, and I got 16 double blanks woot. They are good cards, and handle very well, but it could be the fact that it's been a long time since I've used a new deck. I picked up 4 more decks of bikes too. I love having new cards Smile
The Presitidigitationist
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2890 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Stud Cards: Simply the best! Smile
threeofclubs
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of threeofclubs
I sould give them a try.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Stud Poker Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL