The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Seeing thru envelopes - - a simple spy tool (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jean-Denis
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
126 Posts

Profile of Jean-Denis
I saw on a site selling spy equipments something that could be very useful for mentalism. It is simply a spray. Let me know your thoughts. Here is the description:

Envelope X-ray Spray -------------
Envelope X-RAY Spray turns opaque paper temporarily translucent, allowing the user to view the contents of an envelope without ever opening. 30 seconds after application, the envelope will return to its' original state, leaving absolutely no markings, discoloration or other indications of use. Each can treats several hundred square inches.

Non-flammable, non-conductive and non-photochemically reactive. Environmentally-friendly (contains no Freon).
Net weight: 8 oz.
WARNING: Not to be used on U.S. Mail, except by or with the express permission of the addressee. Cannot ship by Air.

Envelope X-ray Spray:
Item : 2035 ------------------------------ U.S. $ 45.95

What I like the most is the fact that there is no trace left. I found it on spyworld.com. Any ideas to use it?
discjockey
View Profile
Elite user
451 Posts

Profile of discjockey
Obviously a challenge type effect. But then again you could just as easily do a method of peeking or impression device.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
This sounds like some major high tech chemical. Cool!

Does it work only on paper.....? Smile

cheerios
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
There are many other substances that can be used to achieve the same results. Check out Corinda's 13 steps for an interesting one. I think there was a thread titled "X-ray envelope spray" on the inner thoughts forum some time ago.. try a search.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I've heard lighter fluid will do the same thing...As a prelude to burning the envelope.
kbiehler
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of kbiehler
Sometimes a bright light ( which can be hidden in a tray )is all that is needed. Kent
Richard Busch
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA - USA
105 Posts

Profile of Richard Busch
Max Lister released his method in Tarbell #7. The telltale smell, smoke, and small fire could be a factor though. Bob Cassidy and Bruce Bernstein had great methods that led to mine in Peek Performances, the first peek volume. No fluids or fire are necessary in this very Special Delivery. See my site.
Richard Busch
<BR>www.RichardBusch.com
<BR>RichardBusch@RichardBusch.com
www.TheMindFocuser.com
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
I have mentioned what Richard Busch refers to several times before , and won't hesitate to do that again.
I am always prepared to use this, it is wonderful, and wonderful clean.
I personally don't classify it as a peek, move, method or trick only. You will give your spectactors memorable and amazing moments if you follow what Richard teaches you in his manuscripts

Sven
Jean-Denis
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
126 Posts

Profile of Jean-Denis
I just tried the lighter fluid... it works Smile. The only difference is that it doesn't dry fast. However, as Michael said, if the envelope is then burnt, no problem.
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
J-D looks like he's putting it into practice in his avatar. Don't go starting a brush fire, and put that horse out!
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Alcohol works great, and dry very fast, the problem is how to apply it on the envelope.
Jean-Denis
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
126 Posts

Profile of Jean-Denis
OOOOPS!! Dr Chutney! You must be a great coldreader as I just tried the alcohol test but forgot to put my horse out!! Here is what we now both look like:

http://www.newmagicsecrets.com/images/smokehorse.jpg

:)
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
A good friend has a method, which may be published soon. Easy cheap and works. J, Is it OK to say this?
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Hmm, lighter fluids, sprays, lights or Richard's ungimmicked Special Delivery.

A bunch of stuff that can go awry or pure simple elegance. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

Though I seem to recall Richard writing he no longer bothers with it, in the original instructions the ending destroyed any possibility of anyone discovering the secret. Probably running when no one is chasing, as the secret is so well concealed, but I always thought it was an ingenious principle and it just plain felt good to employ it.

If you don't have Peek Performances you are definitely missing out. And the separate, ready to use with just the right materials Special Delivery (with a few tips that weren't in the book, I believe. I think this is where he writes about the different handling of the ending)is a great resource in and of itself. Without telling anything I shouldn't, some "tools" work better than others with this idea so getting Richard's set, you see the end result of lots and lots of trial and error so you don't have to waste money and time going thru it yourself.
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
J-D LOL!

JD and his horse Smokey.
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
Richard Busch
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA - USA
105 Posts

Profile of Richard Busch
Bill Cushman wrote: "Though I seem to recall Richard writing he no longer bothers with it, in the original instructions the ending destroyed any possibility of anyone discovering the secret. Probably running when no one is chasing, as the secret is so well concealed, but I always thought it was an ingenious principle and it just plain felt good to employ it."

Right Bill. I originally balled up the card in the envelope and left it. Now after the revelation, I often remove (or let them remove) their message and keep the envelope to reuse it. It's very direct and dependable, and I always tip my hat to Cassidy and Bernstein when I perform it.
Richard Busch
<BR>www.RichardBusch.com
<BR>RichardBusch@RichardBusch.com
www.TheMindFocuser.com
Ian Broadmore
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Ian Broadmore
You can do ecactly the same thing with rubbing alcohol that has soaked into a sponge fixed to a t tip.
ThomasBerger
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of ThomasBerger
True, Ian.
I was waiting for someone to mention that.
Old as the hills, in Hugard's Modern Magic Manual.

Tom
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
What about the smell of alcohol or lighter fluid?
I wouldnt want to smell gas when I am doing close up magic. Smile
To believe is Magic.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Harishjoe: Is a spray, chemical, or any gimick of this calibre suited for close up?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Seeing thru envelopes - - a simple spy tool (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL