The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Mobile Phones. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Look out all you zibitters.
Caught a couple of kids on the inside taking a pic of the zibit with their phone for the benefit of their mates on the outside !

Now I know why some animals eat their young,,,little darlings.

Mr Jackson,,,,all is forgiven!!!
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
I have done events in which those aren't allowed. (as long as you catch them using them and you have your sign up about reserving the right to confiscate cameras ect. Do it) It's extremly rude of them, and well never mind that the pictures really don't look that good in the first place.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Nice catch Ken...I'll keep that in mind...darn clever those Brit Brats...That's akin to shoplifting!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5115 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
"Cameras Will Be Confiscated"...

That's a very nice idea. Hmmm.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5401 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Man oh man! I never even thought of those stupid photo-taking phones. I must have had a three-dozen folks talking on the phone at my “Zibit this past weekend. They were on the phone mainly while they were in line waiting.

Now I wonder how many snapped a photo of my fair beauty! I’d sure hate to run across a photo of my mermaid on someone’s website (with the exception of Doug’s as he’s her daddy!).
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2920 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Then again, perhaps those cell phone pictures are the sideshow banners of the new age. The photos are small and not that good, so maybe after seeing the photos people would want to see the real thing live? Look what bad photos have done for Bigfoot and Nessie!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Harry,

Don't step over anybody's "dropped" cell phone when you're in the kilt...

Yours,

Paul
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5401 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Good point Todd! I wonder (since I am not a cell-phone user - - yet!) if the photos are printable via a computer?

Paul, now I have even more to worry about! I do wear my kilt regimental you know!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
I don't think you need to get all worried about ... you are looking at the short term, the dollar bill. Broaden your focus, how many pictures do we have of actual freaks from the past? Past exibits?

You did say you caught a "couple" of kids ... thus more than one paid. If the rest of the group wanted to see it, they would have paid too. The fact is, they didn't want to pay to see it - and even if their friends didn't have the camera, they still wouldn't have paid. You didn't lose any money.

Who knows ... that picture could land itself in a museum dedicated to your honor once you are long gone. So don't sweat the little things, just relax and enjoy the ride. It's much more fun that way. Smile

JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4177 Posts

Profile of bobser
Might be the IRS?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Just got back from another two day show,,,,the phone idea is all over,all the kids are into it.
Ok if this was not my living then maybe I could lighten up on it.However this is,and has been my only form of income for many years.

You hit the flattie only when your open,,,,2/3/4 days a week,maybe. You are only in that show park with your zibit for one weekend each year, so you have to graft it, or starve.
Out of 500 in the booth on an average two day show if only 50 of them scanned the gag and sent it to two people on the outside then I would have lost 100 punters, on a season this could work out to 5000 missed marks or £2500 or $5000,,,I can`t afford to be that ammount down.
Yes the Inland Revenue can tap me in any time,cos I pay my taxes,,,,in fact more than they deserve!

Still,,, have found a way to counteract this problem which I tried today,,,,It works well,,,so well in fact I intend to keep it in for the rest of the season,,,,,talk about a sucker born every minuet, how`s about this.

Make up a sign that states that due to the value and sensitive state of this strange thing it requires that each person who enters must leave their mobile phones at the entrance as the phone waves could damage the scientific specifications laid down by the the Governments DNA agencies, causing possible harm to the people useing their phones on the inside!!!!!
Plus I have put a rubber mat at the entrance that everyone has to stand on before entry so that the rubber can absorb any damaging radioactive waves surrounding each persons body !!!!!

They love it,,,the intake maybe a bit slower but the volume increased.

Showman 10 Punters 0.

Laugh,,,I thought my knickers would never dry.
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
Good one Kondini. That reminds me of a scam hospitals use.
Someone 'in the know' once told me the reason you're not allowed to use mobile phones in hospitals is not so much that the radiowaves might cause life support machines to turn off (if they were that sensitive would they be used??) but that the health trust gets a percentage of all the payphone take, and a lot more for those new fangled top-up card/TV/phone systems.

Kevin.
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Kevin, what they say about the hospitals and their equiptment is very true and not a scam ... try this, while talking on your cell phone ... move it near your computer with your speakers on. It can produce weird nosies and funny lines along your monitor. It doesn't turn off life support, but it can interfear with the readings the machines produce.

When my Dad was in ICU, a cop got a phone call ... I could see behind the nurses station, and they all jumped up wondering what was going on - their machines were going nuts, it is the only time in my life when I saw a cop get talked to like they did while they literally pushed him out the ICU.

JoeJoe
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Kondini
If you are going to lie to people I would suggest you use propper termonology. In accordance with EPA standards, cell phones can cause spurious radio frequency electric field emissions that can perminently harm your thingy like a canary in a coal mine, and the rubber pad acts like a ground plane that gives any transient energy stored up in your body a harmless discharge path to ground. As an X electrical engineer I have finally found a subject at this forum that I can lie about with authority.
See Ya
Al
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Thankyou,I stand corrected (I think!!).

Glad you use the same pills as me.
Ken.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2920 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Ah, there is nothing so beautiful as a truth-filled lie.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Thank you Kondini and Todd
Yes it is much like the announcement that Todd will make tonight at 8:00 pm from behind the stage at Monday Night magic "if you would like to a smoke cigarette mayor Bloomberg requests that you to go to New Jersey to do so".
Al
KN_Magic
View Profile
New user
UK
91 Posts

Profile of KN_Magic
JoeJoe,

Must say my computer does not seem to be affected, however I have noticed that the computer interferes with a cordless phone or radio reception.

In hindsight I realise what I posted was possibly irresponsible and I AM NOT advocating walking around hospitals on the telephone just to check.

Supposing the telephones do interfere with equipment in the ICU, could the ban not be limited to sensitive areas only? I was simply tring to illustrate (perhaps not with the best example) that just because 'an authority' tells you to do something for one reason doesn't mean that's the real reason.

Kevin.

p.s. I am not an anarchist, please do not send the police in Smile
My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!
Edna St. Vincent Millay
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Kevin
PM me and we can revue the FDA, VDE, & FCC regulations pertaining to communications devices if you really need to know, but it will be boooooooring.
Al

Kevin
Here are two quick experiments:
1. plug your vacuume cleaner, or hair dryer in the same electrical outlet as the TV, turn them both on and the snow you see on the TV screen represents interferance.
2. place a strong magnet on the TV screen and it will destort the TV picture.
Please don't ask any more questions, or I'll have to charge you a consulting fee.
Al
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Yes, don't do either of those things either when in close proxmity to an ICU nursing station either - especially in the presence of people waiting on their loved ones.

The hospital I was at told me go into the regular waiting room when I needed to make a phone call ... after seeing what I saw, I took the extra precaution of walking outside - I didn't know what machines were on the floor above me, so I figured better safe than sorry. I'm not sure, but I don't think that hospital has a pay phone any longer - like most places, pay phones are disappearing at an alarming rate.

Yes KN_Magic, I know what you mean about authority figures ... all to clear there. And I think your right, a bad example - a nurse is not exactly an authority figure, which is why I was intrieged to see them yelling at an authority figure and pushing them out the doors ... I had never seen anyone get away with talking to a cop like that before. There are quiet a few of them I'd like to have a similar talk with. Smile

JoeJoe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Mobile Phones. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL