The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Mobile Phones. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
darkleopard5
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of darkleopard5
Yes, confiscating cell phones is the best idea. other then that what else can you do?????
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Charge 'em!

"We ask that no photographs or videos are taken. We consider this a form of shoplifting. However if you are found taking pictures within the exhibit we reserve the right to confiscate the equipment and will require a $5 charge to retrieve it. Thank you."
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Have you seen the size of some of the punters over here?
Just got in from working HMS Sultan,,,they would have keelhauled me.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Kondini
I read Treasure Island when I was a kid, and I was in the US Navy, so I do know what in meens to be keelhauled. Please tell us quaint yanks what an English punter is, and I look forward to reading your post's because you are such a colorful fellow.
Don't stop posting
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Punter is an idiot, sorry I meen a fine fellow who patronises your venue!!!
aquariusmagic
View Profile
Regular user
England
122 Posts

Profile of aquariusmagic
Just as an aside I thought I should mention that there are such devices as "mobile phone blockers" available for about £150. They render the telecommunications part of a mobile phone useless within a certain area. Therefore anybody claiming that "they had to take/make an urgent call" would be known to be telling a lie. Not sure that their use is legal in the U.K. though.
regards
Francis
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Punter is an Idiot? I'll add it to the list I have been collecting. How many ways can you english folks say Idiot?

Numpty
Bampot
Dolt
Divvy
Barmy
Berk
Muppet
Wally
Pillock
Plonker and now
Punter

So colorful. My girlfriend uses Muppet and Wally the most.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Divvy is from the Romany (Secret talk) As in Duck reader (Palmist).
More info Plonker could be Twat,
**** for Brains,
Dawk,
Dummy,
Out to lunch,
Barnpot,
Potty,
Doo Lally,
Pratt,
Half a loaf,
Bent as a nine bob note.

Such a wonderful language,,,,,,no wonder you yanks nicked it and then buggered it up!!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Kondini
That word you used that started with the letter "T" has a totally different meaning on this side of the pond, which is not acceptable language in mixed company. If you PM me I will tell you our definition of it.
Al
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
OK you have been pipped at the post,,,,it`s a bit like Fanny over here!!! But not like Fag over there!!!
Yes I did go into a Chemist,,,sorry Drug Store and ask for a pac of fags in NY,,got a few funny looks,,,,kept my back to the wall for the rest of the trip!!
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

First off, in general English people call us all Yanks. I am not a Yank. I am from the midwest but my home town is south of the mason dixon line and we were confederates. Therefore I feel like I'm from the south.

It's like most Americans thinking English people all speak the Queens English or Cockney. Two choices. Ya'll can grow up five miles away from each other and sound completely different. Oklahomans sound a lot like Texans and that is a lot of land coverage.

We didn't bugger it up. We just simplified the language. So we can communicate a little easier. We are a melting pot and have had many influences to become what we have.

Here is one of the funniest differences I have noticed that causes confusion.

U.K.--------------------U.S.
Are you all right?---------What's up?
What's Up?--------------What is the matter?
What is the matter?-------Are you all right?

Is that cool?

Have a nice day!

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
How can anyone have a nice day over here,,,it`s always raining. You can have a nice cup of Tea or a nice Barn Cake or even a nice bit of crumpet!!!!
But no one in the UK has a nice day.

Regarding area`s and lingo,,,,the Welsh squeak and bleet,the Cockney sparrows don`t understand each other, the Scots talk with deep voices and wear skirts!! The country folk suck straw,cus and spit, the Midlanders talk up very high and crescendo in the wrong places,in the North East they even talk higher while the Folk in Suffolk take all day to get a sentance out,the South Westerners say Oh ar to everything, the Essex Girls can only say yes!!!

OK get the drift.
And to think Hitler wanted all this!!

PS No one can speak the Queens English, only HRH.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Kondini
I have no professional interest at this topic, and the only reason why I'm here is to read your colorful post's. If you ever make it over here, to the American colonies I would love to buy you an over priced, cold, watered down can of American beer, but please don't use that "T" word around my wife, it has a naughty meaning over here.
Al
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I see this man has excellant taste,,,,in people but not Beer!
I never even met his wife,,,honest MLud (Uk for the Judge) I feel very at home when I visit the US,,,,I have very fond thoughts of any Country where you can committ Crime and buy your way out of it in fact I shall change my name to Jackson by deedpoll before I return to your shores!!!

I go into Hospital next week for the face lift!!
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Quote:
On 2005-06-20 16:24, Kondini wrote:
I have very fond thoughts of any Country where you can committ Crime and buy your way out of it in fact I shall change my name to Jackson by deedpoll before I return to your shores!!!

I go into Hospital next week for the face lift!!

Well, it is the land of opportunity... Only in America could a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman!
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Kondini,

You can only get away with crimes in California. Pull that in Oklahoma and then you have about ten years in the grey bar motel before they inject you to your death. Yee haw.

Did you see the bimbo, outside the court house, releasing the 10 doves each time they read a not guilty verdict? I have never understood that. Something amazing has happened, quick grab a bird and release so it can fly off to be eaten by a predator!

Good American Beers:
Samuel Adams
Yuengling
Alaskan Amber

Try em, you'll like em.

A few other words. you say nick we say lift, you say lift we say elevator, you say Spouse we say Mate, you say Mate we say Bud. You have Crazy golf. We have Put Put. Your's is better there.

I bet you have never heard of a Zucchini? It's the same as a Courgette. I had never heard of that name in my life till a few months ago. Your's is much more posh.

We love to support Corporations so we call it a Q-Tip. You call it a cotton bud. We call it a cotton bud and you call it a mate that helps you pick cotton.

And never tell a woman from the UK she is a "sight for sore eyes" or that she is "built like a brick **** house." They take it a whole other way.

Lesson learned,
Will

I'm sorry we got so far off topic from cell phones but I have been enjoying myself none the less. Have a nice day!
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
We got floods in the North East,people have lost their homes and even more sadly their cars.
The local Ferret club are starving and thank God you can get a Ferret in a microwave oven.
Last weekend I was Fire Eating in a North London Park,it was 90deg you could smell the vapour from the brands before they were lit it was so hot,this coming weekend I shall be doing underwater Fire Eating at Botany Bay (Still North London).

Yes,that`s right, have a ********* Nice day!!!

PS I like women built like Brick ****Houses,,,they pull their wieght on the showgrounds.
Mobile phones,,,,they are so wet over here,they make ringtones out of a Frog!
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Hmmm, perhaps I'll move to Essex. . .
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

One night, in the crew bar, I played the drinking game called "I never" with a dancer from Essex. She drank as much as me? I staggered back to my cabin alone.

If your not familiar with the game you make a statement "I never drove a car" and if you had then you have to drink. Once the spirits have taken effect it transpires into conversation of the use of one's bits. This is why I end up so hammered.

Move to Essex!
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

abigkahuna
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna
Kondini,

Doug told me of your plight with camera phones. So before I went ontheroad this past summer with my zibit, I had a sign made that simply Read: No Food Drink Cameras Cell Phones.

I also had a small sign inside the zibit case saying No Photos Please...If anyone asked, I said: Because I said so. THe occasional crime breaker would take picutres so I would have them delete the photos....One man complete idiot--its only for my wife....

Its an issue and perhaps next year I will charge for photos. Maybe a new idea for a booth "Take a Picture with the Strange THing!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Mobile Phones. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL