The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Super Hero Theme (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
I was asked recently by a parent if I could do any super hero magic. All the kids were coming to the party dressed as Spiderman or Batman. I clipped on a cape & had my Y-front underwear on the outside to be Magic Man. Smile
I am custom making my own colouring book containing Super Hero images. Any other ideas or experiances you guys have related to a super hero themed magic show would be interesting.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Years ago, back when there was just DC and Marvel I did some peliminary thinking on a comic book based show.

A Captain America based die box using the cosmic cube instead of a die.

Self colouring artwork ala the magic picture frame.

These are the only two that come to mind at the moment, but I have a cold and just downed some Ny-Quil so I will see if I can add to this post in the morning.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Whiterabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
Kevin Mc Lean
278 Posts

Profile of Whiterabbit
You could play monte with cards with criminals and a hero. You could do the detective and criminals with a superhero card. Of course, you could levitate a card with a picture of a superhero on it.

I'd get some blank cards and customise them.
May your fingers never lose their deftness,

May your tongue always lead them down the garden path...

Regards,

Whiterabbit
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Do something about police and firefighters, they are the real heros.
Dennis Michael
johnpert
View Profile
Veteran user
Ontario, Canada
322 Posts

Profile of johnpert
Using the sliding box (pizza box, cookie box, etc). Make the invisible man (who is pictured on a disc) become invisible. When you open the doors, he is gone. Kids yell, use all the jokes and gags. Later, find the invisible man on your back or somewhere of choice.

cheers,

John
Lee Carnley
View Profile
New user
Huddersfield. England
4 Posts

Profile of Lee Carnley
Super Heros why not use balloons-check out Shirley Ray she as some great ideas including spiderman!www.balloonparade.co.uk
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
There's a wonderful routine by Tim Sonafelt using silks called 'the Hero in You' and its a great motivational as well as magical piece of entertainment! Check it out!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Why not display some super powers yourself? Things that come to mind include:

X-Ray vision
Super strength (strong man stunts or the old Superman coal-to-diamond trick)
Spiderman-like ability to have things stick to your hands (a wand, for example)
Invisio Ray Generator (turning things invisible and back again)
Mind Reading/Telepathy (like Professor Xavier)

You get the picture. If you don't want the powers yourself, you can rely on gadgets like the ones that supervillains so often have. You could also make the power temporary. Give yourself a shot using one of those fake blood syringes and you get the Spiderman power for five minutes. Everything sticks to your hands. This could be funny!

Yours,

Paul
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
710 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
'Super Chicken" by Barry Mitchell works perfectly for my show, it's interactive and very entertaining.

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Again along the super hero theme, check out Barry Mitchell's 'magnet Man'. Essentially its a Silkola effect but dressed up in a super hero packaging starring the incredible 'magnet man'!!! If you prefer, you can make it up if you purchase the PDF files which come as a package deal with barry's new book "Building a better mousetrap'
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
508 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Check out the "Handbook Of Superpowers" by Andrrew Mayne.

Intersting stuff.

S. Patrick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Super Hero Theme (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL