The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jerry Andrus Linking Pins question ??? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
In 1983 I had a long conversation with Jerry Andrus at a convention in Oregon. At the time, Tannens was making the pins using his instructions. They came in a small enelope; looked chrome plated, but they could have been nickle. He never gave Tannens the rights to make them, and for several years before and after that conversation, Tannens had the item. The same year he showed me an effect with a cardboard with a hole painted on it...forget what it was. Anyway, it was tough to control Tannens because you had other products at stake if you mentioned inapropriate manufacturing. It was strange bedfellows. Push too hard, and you had no distribution. I would be glad to see someone make an authorized version.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Someone is selling a set of original Andrus Linking Pins on ebay right now. I think they were asking around $80.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Jerry Andrus Linking Pins question ??? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL