The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Great Single Coin-Magic Trick. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
The Gentleman
View Profile
Regular user
SCOTCHLAND
102 Posts

Profile of The Gentleman
For anyone who is even vaguely considering getting into coin magic, I strongly recommend the "Revolution" from Ellusionist. I know some people have some bad things to say about Ellusionist but this trick is excellent; it is deceptivley simple, and will leave you hungering for more.

I know nothing about coin magic, mentalism is my thing, but I just had to check it out (how did he do that? factor) and I fooled 3 close friends over super-framerate webcam within 10 minutes. The back of your hand might sting for a while getting used to not pinching your hand, but you will spend a lot of spare time watching yourself doing it in the mirror.

Excellent trick for the beginner who doesn't want to learn complex sleights, but would like to be able to do *something* with a coin.

http://www.ellusionist.com

I am really not one to say that buying any "packet tricks" is a good idea, one should really always go for books with lots of material, or videos which have very good revues from the people of this board you know, but, goodness, this is a good beginner trick.
bigdw1
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of bigdw1
I have revolution, have performed it a few times with good reaction, but I have found that sometimes if I want to do a coin trick I can't do this one because I'm not "prepared" with the correct attire. Not always convenient if you catch my meaning. Instead by JB Bobo's book and learn some sleight of hand. It doesn't take that long IF you will put in some practice then you can always be prepared to do amazing coin magic.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Good for you. But I would rather do a f**s* transfer followed by an all-around-vanish by Gregory Wilson than Revolution. At least this will work ANYTIME at every angle and I don't have to vanish the coin too low below.
bigdw1
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of bigdw1
I'm with h_a_z find something less angle and hand position sensitive than revolution. Gregory Wilson I guess. Or read Bobo's book.
The Gentleman
View Profile
Regular user
SCOTCHLAND
102 Posts

Profile of The Gentleman
I've already orderred Bobo's book, thanks
bigdw1
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of bigdw1
You'll get a ton out of it. Enjoy.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
My favorite single-coin effect is "The Coin That Falls Up", which is the center effect in my one-coin routine. Smile
bigdw1
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of bigdw1
SOunds like a cool effect. From Bobo or where is it from?
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
It is a John Cornelius effect, and is explained on Michael Ammar's Classic Renditions video (I think it is on volume three). I will warn you, though. It is not an easily aquired effect. Smile
rikbrooks
View Profile
Inner circle
Olive Branch, Mississippi
1317 Posts

Profile of rikbrooks
Al Schneider has a one coin routine called 'Source'. It's on the first of four DVD's in the 'Al Schneider Method' set. I bought mine from mjmmagic. The routine takes about 10 seconds to perform. There are 3 vanishes, 3 productions, and two penetrations - all in 10 seconds. I liked it so much it got me started on coin magic.

No gimmicks, nothing special, you can do it without a shirt on at all.

Now I have people that ask me, "Do that silver dollar thing again".
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Dpe666, that's just cruel! Worth learning, but not quite beginner material.
I tend to do either the Pulse Trick in Bobo, or Just Pretend, also in Bobo. Used to do coin through hand in a couple of different ways... hmmm, I'll have to start doing that one again...
Paul
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2005-06-06 20:07, Paul Jester wrote:
Dpe666, that's just cruel! Worth learning, but not quite beginner material.

I never said that it was for the beginner. The question asked was, "What is a good single-coin trick?" The Coin That Falls Up, is among the best. In my opinion, the technique employed with this effect does not depend upon the skill level of the performer as it is a single-technique effect. It is just as difficult to learn for the beginner as it is for the seasoned. Smile
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
Ok fair enough. It is a great technique.
Paul
The Gentleman
View Profile
Regular user
SCOTCHLAND
102 Posts

Profile of The Gentleman
My Bobo arrived today. Slightly easier to follow than all those ***ed phallanges in Royal Road.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
My fav. one coin magic at the moment is the Messiah Vanish by Jay Sankey. People really think that the coin is in your left hand but both hands are empty and reappear. Pure magic!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
PAPPA GEORGIO
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of PAPPA GEORGIO
Thanks for the tip , Im going to go try it.
PA MAN
View Profile
New user
Harry Greenaway
1 Post

Profile of PA MAN
I always carry Lethal Lottery it blows their mind away, and so easy to do.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Revolution is just okay, I too say you get much more for your money with BOBO's
book... Revolution is 20$ and its only ONE slight move. BOBO's book is 10$ and it has hundreds of ideas and slights...
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I love Mickey Silvers SUV. If you could get a hold of his demo. This is by far the best I have seen. Mickey is a member in the Café.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I too have gotten a lot of use out of the Messiah Vanish. It really floors 'em!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A Great Single Coin-Magic Trick. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL