The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New bizarre magic journal ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

roguemagic
View Profile
New user
bizarre iowa
96 Posts

Profile of roguemagic
Greetings,

I was saddened by the passing of The Altar Flame earlier this year, and it reminded me of a dream that I have frequently. I am interested in publishing a bi-monthly journal of bizarre magic, and I thought that this forum might be a place for constructive input. First of all, the purpose of such a journal would be an alternate avenue in which to share ideas, stories, effects, and the performance of bizarre magick. I must make it clear that the purpose of such a journal would be altruistic--I will not be trying to make a profit in this ordeal. Similar journals have been produced for the sheer love of our style of magic and I believe this must be the true motive behind this journal.

As for my background...I am an English teacher in a moderately populated midwest city. I also have an extensive backgroung in the performance and production of theatre. I do have the financial means to get such an undertaking off the ground. I have extensive editing background on numerous publications for the local community college and University. Most important, is my absolute passion for our art. I am the vice president of the local IBM. I also perform numerous seances in the area, and will soon be presenting these in my newly purchased Victorian home.

I will indeed be requesting assistance/submissions from members of our community, of which I have a few pivotal connections thus far.

I really want to get this thing off the ground and make my dream a reality.

With the utmost humility,

Craig Wilson
Rogue Magic

UPDATE: Oct 16, 2002

Hello again,

I have been receiving some encouraging e-mails from persons in this group--thank you. One peron recommended that I ask members what they would like to see published in a bizarre magic journal.

If YOU were beginning such a journal, what would you be sure that it included?

Craig Wilson
Rogue Magic
petethecreeper
View Profile
New user
N. California
73 Posts

Profile of petethecreeper
Greetings,

I would be interested in contributing to such a journal, as both a writer and illustrator. Smile
Marduke Kurios
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver, Canada
316 Posts

Profile of Marduke Kurios
I would suggest including sections on character building, prop construction, script writing, and legend/myth histories. A new column each issue would keep readers very interested, I'm sure.
This sounds like a great idea. I wish you the best of luck!
Live well,
Laugh often,
Love always.

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

Without Prejudice, All Rights Reserved.
roguemagic
View Profile
New user
bizarre iowa
96 Posts

Profile of roguemagic
Greetings,

Thank you to those of you that PMed me regarding the publishing of a new bizarre magic journal. I have been actively investigating whether or not something like this could actually be pulled together. After a lot of conversations withpeople I respect, some magicians, others not, and a few pints of my favorite beverage, I've decided to begin publishing The Mausoleum.

I guarantee that it will be very unique and different from the typical, stapled-in-the-center, journal/magazine.

I have been working very hard to construct a format that will make The Mausoleum a collector's item worthy of preserving.

If you are interested in submiting articles, artwork, etc. please contact me, so that I can share some my excitement with you. I am sure that what I propose will make you proud to be a part. Contributors will receive a free subscription in return for their hard work and sage advice. A very good friend of mine that makes regular contributions to publications said that such reimbursement is unusual. For that matter, any reimbursement is unusual. I consider this a collaborative effort where I am only one creative mind providing a vessel for others to share creative ideas.

I would love to talk to you if you are interested in contributing your talents.

Take care,
Craig Wilson
petethecreeper
View Profile
New user
N. California
73 Posts

Profile of petethecreeper
Craig and I have been emailing each other on this subject...and I must say he's got some really nice ideas going here. Something else I'd like to ask is who in the world of Bizarre would you like to read a interview with? Smile

By the way...I'm only asking out of curiosity. This is roguemagic's baby.
Dr Mage
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern California
332 Posts

Profile of Dr Mage
Christian Chelman.
What is the color of magic?
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Pete the Creeper asks: ". . .who in the world of Bizarre would you like to read a interview with? "

My first choice would be the late Gene Poinc.

If anyone call pull that off, I would be about as amazed as Gene would have been!
Smile
saheer
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of saheer
Brother Shadow - he's a deep file and a nice guy, too.
"Because, without beer, things do not seem to go as well"

1902 diary of Brother Epp, Capuchin monk from Munjor,
Kansas
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
Interesting bizarrists to interview:
Carl Herron (Brother Shadow)
Christian Chelman
Pascal de Clermont
Joe Givan
Jeff McBride
John Hilford (Docc Hilford)
Walt Anthony (a San Francisco bizarrist)
Charles Pecor (Picard)
Mary Tomich
Jim Magus
Larry White

(I know these people and can provide email contacts for most of them.)
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1859 Posts

Profile of Lior
Ronie Shachni
Eytan Ayalon
Talk To The Screen. The best effect for professionals
http://www.theliortouch.com

The Big Package plus with the Big Trivia, The small Trivia, The puzzles
The First letters, The Celebrities, Subliminal PowerPoint, the VMC lecture
and many more routines [/url]

Penguin Live lecture http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7645
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Those interested in the bizarre might care to check out:
Karl Bartoni's Dragonskull (www.dragonskull.co.uk)

Doug Byrd's Bizarre Magick.com (www.bizarremagick.com)

My own Bizarre Bazaar column in the e-zine Visions (www.online-visions.com)
Smile
Brett Cantrell
View Profile
New user
Valdosta, Georgia
71 Posts

Profile of Brett Cantrell
Hey Peter,
I know this is realllly gonna look like sucking up, but. . . How about an interview with Peter Marucci? I'm a fan and read anything I can of his.
(ok, so how was that Peter? Not bad huh? plug, plug. . . ) Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » New bizarre magic journal ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL