The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » HELP NEEDED : Michael Ammars Band-it (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Okay, (reference : Michael Ammars 3rd world notes)

so so in the first phase I make the x with the band and the ring is in the left part of the X - I insert my middle finger into that section of the x and pull it to the right...

I don't understand how to get from here to get it to look like the next picture which
shows (seemingly) the ring hanging on a single thread of the rubberband. see figure 5.

can you help ?? is there a video performance anywhere online that I could watch?
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
I don't know if there are any videos of his ring band it and I find it hard to explain here but if you watch Greg Wilson's Off the Cuffs video, there is a rubber band trick with a move similar to that of what Ammar is describing. Where the rubber band seems to look like it's just a single thread.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Are you giving the twist to lock it in?
Also you need to stretch the band quite a bit.
Don't hold still too long but rather let the folks see it hanging for a second and then rock your hands so the ring rides on the band.

Hope this helps.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Difficult to try and explain band effects...

Vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
MacGyver where do you live?I have the Ammar book-it is well explained in this book.
Andre
threeofclubs
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of threeofclubs
I have the Ammar book as well
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2005-06-11 21:51, threeofclubs wrote:
I have the Ammar book aswell

And? Did you like it?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Macguyver,

I'm not sure if you have yahoo instant messenger, or aol instant messenger, but pm me, I'll jump on my webcam, and I'll go over it with you. It is the exact same handling as the Jo-Dan link that can also be found in Elastrix 2: the rubberband magic of Joe Rindfleish........

Also try Dan Harlans rubber band magic. It may be explained on that older video....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
Thanks guys - I figured it out - you make 2 strands look like one - the instructions say it can be done convincingly- I guess time and practice will tell.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » HELP NEEDED : Michael Ammars Band-it (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL