The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » J.C. Wagner and Syd Segal's "Full Metal Jacket"! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Hey guys... just to answer a few questions, Zur you should receive yours today at the latest. All USA orders were sent out last Friday... maybe Turk has a buddy at the post office or something. Smile

Joggins, thank you for your thoughts.

Turk, I actually filmed clips detailing a few of the moves taught throughout Full Metal Jacket. I will post a list of moves that were filmed in a few days. From there, any booklet buyer can email me for any (or all) of the clips.

Syd Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
I hope I can get it tommorrow, wasn't in the mail today =(
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Syd,

FMJ arrived in the mail this morning, superfast service indeed. Im off work a few days now, so I will be reading this book during these days.
Thanks again.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
BryanMagic
View Profile
New user
Ohio
4 Posts

Profile of BryanMagic
Hey Guys,

For those of you who haven't ordered your copy yet I suggest that you lift your hand and put it on your mouse. Then click http://www.meandjc.com. Once there, go to the purchase section and get your copy of Full Metal Jacket.

FMJ has some great ideas from two great minds in magic. J.C.Wagner's material is always wonderful. And Syd's material hasn't let me down yet. These are two talented guys and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed in FMJ.

So seriously, move your mouse to the browser and go to http://www.meandjc.com.

-B
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
986 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Received my copy in the post yesterday and I'm really impressed - material is outstanding and the quality of the publication is really something. If you like card work I honestly don't think you can go wrong here!

Thanks guys.

Jamie.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
PTan
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of PTan
Got my copy and am really impressed with the quality of both the effects and the production. Logical Lesson has a great ending and for fans of JC's Super Closer, the new touches in Final Closer were especially interesting.
Dr_Gonzo
View Profile
New user
Brighton
22 Posts

Profile of Dr_Gonzo
My copy turned up last week, but I only just got around to reading it. I agree with everyone else to be honest, the material is great, and a logical lesson in particular is an nice bit of business. The presentation of the book itself is very nice, with crisp illustrations and very straightforward writing. There's not a lot of setup needed for the effects that require it, and four out of the seven don't require any, which, for myself at least, is quite a plus.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Wow guys... your compliments are too much. Thank you...

Over the past few days I have gotten many emails or private messages regarding the exclusive video files for Full Metal Jacket. The files were finished tonight and put up on the website for booklet buyers. The exact link is below:

http://www.dananddave.com/meandjc/sleights.html

On this page you will find instructions on how to answer the password correctly. If you own the booklet, figuring out the answer should not be a problem.

As for what is being taught on the clips, I have provided a list below.

Video Clip 1
The Wagner Displacement Count from "Even More 4 On The Floor"

Video Clip 2
The Winter Change (John Cornelius) from "Thank You Le Paul"

Video Clip 3
The Rhythm Count (Larry Jennings) from "A Logical Conclusion"

Video Clip 4
Almost the entire middle section of "T(w)oo Wild Jokers" including the multiple lift sequence, box unload, Daryl Martinez Face Up Change, and final change.

Video Clip 5
The FourForFour Switch (Chris Kenner) from "Thank You Le Paul"

I hope you all enjoy the clips and if you have anymore questions, feel free to email me anytime.

Thank You,
Syd Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
Mitch Schneiter
View Profile
Special user
West Linn, Oregon
672 Posts

Profile of Mitch Schneiter
Syd - Thanks for making the sleight clips available. They make a nice addition to the book.
Mereacle
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Mereacle
I also recommend "Full Metal Jacket" to all those STILL considering purchasing it. Great routines. Especially, "Even More Four on the Floor", "Final Closer", and "Logical Lesson". Plus, I give Syd props for devoting 2 pages to credits and references. You don't see that very often. I haven't watched the sleight clips yet, but I'm sure they'll make an excellent companion. Grab a copy while you still can..........

~Josh
CharlieC
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of CharlieC
I picked up five books at the LVMI and this was one of them. It's the first one I dove into and I finally finished working through it this week. I highly recommended it. The effects in the book definitely lived up to my expectations. Also, much props to Syd for making those clips available. Should've known he would put them up.

Bottom line: Well worth the price.
"Whenever he gets in a fix he reaches into his bag of tricks.
Felix the cat, the wonderful, wonderful cat..."
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
Well it looks like I better buy this right now
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I have to agree with Charlie. Well done on the book.. Nice to see JC and Syd put out some well thought out pieces. Also, videos available.
SuperMagic
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of SuperMagic
Quote:
On 2005-06-26 15:56, dcullen30 wrote:
Well it looks like I better buy this right now

No kidding.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
Anywhere in the UK to get this, or is it paypal/internet only?
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Hey PapaG...

Right now, my site is the only place to get it. Drop me an email if you don't have Paypal capabilities.

S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
I just bought it about an hour ago. Can't wait.
Lapping
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Lapping
Just recieved it, what can I say? WOW. This booklet is just da bomb!

Words just can't describe how good this is.

If you liked Gaft Card Magic, then your gonna love this!:D

- Lapping.
Joggins
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
64 Posts

Profile of Joggins
I just found out that the 500 copies I thought that would be available for sale is now 1000 copies. The first 500 are signed and numbered but I bought it because of the low availability. Now twice as many people will have it and obviously more people will share it with their buddies. Very disappointing. I saw it on for sale on Murphies and Hocus Pocus. I wish I would have known.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Joggins, sorry that you feel this way. I thought I properly addressed your concern earlier in an email back to you.

The entire "limited" availability of http://www.meandjc.com 's 500 was based on the fact that each was numbered and signed, not that those were the entire stock. It also meant that the first 500 (the entire amount that JC and I have to sell) would be at a cheaper price than the unsigned/un-numbered books being offered elsewhere. This was stated on the purchase page.

S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » J.C. Wagner and Syd Segal's "Full Metal Jacket"! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL