The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » J.C. Wagner and Syd Segal's "Full Metal Jacket"! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
PasteboardPlayer
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of PasteboardPlayer
Hey Syd, just got done checking out the online vid and that is a cool effect!

As for Joggin's concern about availabilty I have to disagree. I just read through the "purchase" page and I understood that only "500 would be signed and numbered by you and JC". The fact that 1000 will be sold in the long run really doesn't bother me either. I happen to own a few other books that have probably gone to thousands (and possibly thousands Smile ) of magicians worldwide including "Expert Card Technique", "Classic Magic, and JC's other fantastic book "Commercial Magic". I would never "reconsider" getting those books no matter how many copies of them were printed.

Keep up the great work.
Joggins
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
64 Posts

Profile of Joggins
It was a nice thought to limit such a fine booklet. I am just discouraged in knowing that twice as many people will have it as well.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Thank you for the compliment Joggins... my apologies for any confusion.

Syd Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Denver
614 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
... Hey card magic fans ...

Pleased to announce that JC Wagner will be the guest of honor at next year's LVMI convention!!!
Erik J
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
417 Posts

Profile of Erik J
Recieved the booklet the ther day, and I must say, Syd and JC both have amazingly good effects.
I immediately found a few effects that I fell in love with, if anyone cares, those effects are "Thank you Le Paul", "Even more four on the floor" and "A logical lesson" (A logical lesson can, as already mentioned be seen at http://www.meandjc.com)

I strongly recommend getting this, before it's too late, the guys are awesome!

Also, the illustrations in the booklet are very nice, done by rfa productions, that also illustrates for Channel One.

Brilliant booklet, it will get a nice place in my bookcase.

PS. The interviews with JC are gold!
This signature is approved by Erik.
Larry Beckwith
View Profile
New user
Boise, Idaho
20 Posts

Profile of Larry Beckwith
I just bought this book! Wow, glad to hear J.C. Wagner is back doing what he does best. This book has great production value. Syds effects are great, nice to see these younger guys collaborating with us older generation. Show's there appreciation for some of the old material. We need more collaborations like this!. Thanks J.C. and Syd.

Larry B.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Thank you Larry and DeFlare....

JC appearing at LVMI next year is gonna be great. We are thinking about putting together another booklet for release at next years event.

Anyone going to Magic In The Rockies in Sept.? JC will be lecturing and performing behind the bar all weekend. Anyone in or around Colorado should attend. Other names coming include Eric Mead, Doc Eason, Bob Sheets, and Nathan Kranzo. Should be awesome.

One last thing, I have recently added a mailing list to the website. Anyone interested in hearing more about the magic of JC and myself should add themselves to the mailing list.

Thank You,
Syd Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I bought this book 2nd hand a while back, its great. Whatever happened to the 2nd book that was planned?

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Hey Xander, just noticed your reply here...

The 2nd book got started, then got put on hold. Unfortunately, I have a normal day to day job that keeps me busy for quite a bit of time. In May, I plan on going to Japan for a couple of weeks, and taking about a month off from work. Hopefully then I will be able to put some work back in to another booklet from JC and I.

On a side note, JC shot a DVD last year at the Magic Castle. Due to some difficulties and oversight of the producers, the footage had to be scrapped. This Wednesday, JC will be in Las Vegas lecturing at Boomer's and while he is there, he will be re-shooting the DVD! This DVD will be titled "Seven More Secrets" and will contain all new material from JC's working card set. Trust me, the material here is awesome. A lot of thinking, fine tuning, and testing went in to these methods and I know this DVD will not dissappoint.

Keep an eye out around the end of this month, early April for its release on http://www.jcwagnersmagic.com

Best,
S.Segal
simply Sydney DVD here!
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
Cool, thanks man.

Xander
do magic

www.8bom.net
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Love the effects, but not too keen on the writing style. I think some of it was supossed to be funny, but I didn't really get it.

I recommend the book though.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I got my book in the mail last week. Great service, and a great looking booklet! I haven't had time yet to go through it in depth yet, but at first blush it looks wonderful. I'll try to post a review here down the road a bit.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » J.C. Wagner and Syd Segal's "Full Metal Jacket"! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL