The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What did you get for Christmas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Robin Parker
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
117 Posts

Profile of Robin Parker
Was Santa good to you? Were your wishes, especially regarding any magic, fulfilled?
Ken
View Profile
Regular user
Belfast
112 Posts

Profile of Ken
Paul Curry’s World beyond.

Santa must be a fan also.

What about yourself Robin?

Best wishes

Ken
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1141 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
Ah, yes. I knew this question was coming. My answer? Yes, my magical wishes were fulfilled.

I received The "Magic of Michael Ammar" and "Your Name Here".

I started into Ammar’s book last night. Some nice effects and thought provoking essays are to be found within this tome.

Your Name Here is a great effect for table hoppers. Essentially, you can make the writing on your name tag change with the wave of a hand. I like it.

We open gifts on Christmas Eve at my parents. When we arrived home again, there was another gift waiting for me (from me via Priority Mail Smile ) My copy of the Magic Menu the First Five Years was there along with Alpha Mind. Even though it was almost

1:00 am Christmas day I opened Alpha Mind and started working through the effect.

I like it too.

Then I read a bit in The Magic Menu. We did have 17 people coming for Christmas dinner the next day though. So,

I put down the book and went off to bed,

While visions of table hopping danced in my head. . . pleasant dreams.

Scott Smile

Levitating somewhere over Wisconsin
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
562 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
I got a Dean Dill Close-Up Pad and I am in heaven!

-Marty
donaldlaporte
View Profile
New user
new hampshire
46 Posts

Profile of donaldlaporte
Yes Santa was very good to me this year and I was hoping that he was as good to everyone here at the Cafe.

don Smile
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
I didn't get any magic per se, but I did get some marginally related toys.

First, I got a new Gerber Legend 800 Multi-Tool. No illusionist or magician who works with anything that can break should be without a multi-tool, and this new Gerber is the beefiest one I've ever seen (this coming from a die-hard Leatherman fan, for those with any clue what I'm talking about :o)

Then, I got a nifty new wireless trackball for my computer, which makes surfing this and the other boards I frequent wayyyyy cooler (I'm now two clicks away from all three boards I contribute to, woohoo--and no cords!).

Finally, I got a stack of books on writing, which should prove valuable both to me and to all of you who read my posts, my column in Visions, my books, and my other writings.

--Andy
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
I had a GREAT Christmas!! I finally found someone locally who raises doves... I got a pair from Santa!!!

Bengi Smile
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1397 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
I got a rock! Smile

Smile Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
David Smyth
View Profile
Regular user
Stourbridge, UK
146 Posts

Profile of David Smyth
I got a changer bag (finally!!!) and an invisible thread reel...!

I've been wanting both of those for ages!!! LOL, hope everybody else had a great Christmas as well...
Back at the magic...
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
I had a trade waiting for me at the post office!

Three Ammar Coin Videos, David Ginn Video, Five Minutes With A Pocket Handkerchief and Jaw Droppers...

Life is good and I'm pleased!

Smile
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
I got 7 gift certificates man are those usefull

Smile Smile
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I got a $1.00 store deck of strippers, 2 decks of mini cards & 3 decks of cheap cards.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

No Paul Curry book that I asked for months ago Smile

Santa must not like me Smile Smile Smile

Smile
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
I got all kinds of interesting stuff including an eight-inch Buddhist statue I'd been wanting. Oh yes, and a dvd player that actually plays dvds. What a novel concept.

Sable

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Mike Ching
View Profile
Regular user
Honolulu, Hawaii
192 Posts

Profile of Mike Ching
One Christmas years ago, I got a call to do my magic show on Christmas eve at a family home in Kalihi. A little girl there was ill with cancer.

December is my busiest month of the year and I was pretty tired from working overtime, but the Uncle who called me was persistent and phoned several days running, so I gave them a very reasonable quote and tried to figure out how to do a portable version of my stage show.

When I got there, no one was ready ("Filipino time" they told me), there were 9 children and adults coming. The more I thought about it, the more I tried to figure a way to do as much of my show in this small downstairs room as I could. Why not, it was Christmas Eve.

My screens were brought in and set up. It was very tight.

The people came in with a beautiful little 9 year old girl, not even in a real wheelchair, just a regular wooden chair with caster wheels attached. Bald from Chemotherapy and with an oxygen tube to help her breath.

Her eyes were wide and attentive. She seemed as excited as the other children though less active. I understood this would be perhaps her last Christmas on earth with her family.

I did my regular show with energy and a smile on my face though inside my heart was sinking. I was just wishing there was something more I could do. I felt like I was on autopilot, part of me standing back and watching. I did all the jokes and bits of business that make people laugh that I'd learned over my lifetime.

These people needed joy. They responded heartily and with tremendous warmth. For a moment everyday life was less important, that is the gift of the entertainer I guess. For once, I was not just "Happy to get everything to work", but very humbled.

Afterwards as they went to food and conversation, I packed everything away to get back and close down the house for my own elder parents who had physical issues to deal with. Here it was Christmas Eve and I was surrounded by mortality, yet I think God let me share what I could do and showed me sometimes it really makes a difference.

I could have used the money I suppose, but they certainly needed it more. The last gift was pressing the $100 in loose bills back into the smiling Uncles hand and saying "That's ok, I have nieces.. Merry Christmas"... His face lit up and he said "Oh! An honest man!" and went to tell his relatives. Maybe to him it seemed like a minor miracle. I had to turn away and leave quickly so he wouldn't see the tears in my eyes.

Being shown you can do something that counts, Isn't that the best gift someone can get? For me, it was the best Christmas gift I can remember.

This is a true story. I met a relative this past year and learned the little girl had passed away not long after.

Every year and especially at Christmas I hope to do something for a family or Charity that can use what I do. My good friend and longtime assistant Cheryl is also gone due to breast Cancer. If you have any suggestions for things to benefit Cancer or Childrens medical charities I am open to them.

Certainly do yourself some good and go out of your way to do something for people who can really use what you do. Everyone is good at something. You may not always feel appreciated, but somehow, someway I suspect, you always are..

-Mike
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I got a resurrected 4 year old internet forum thread!!!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What did you get for Christmas? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL