The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » In memory of Peter McCahon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
I believe last weekend? there was an auction of Peter McCahon's handcuff collection.
Although I never was able to meet him, we had spoken on the phone. He will be sadly missed by many but his memory will live on and at least a small part of his escape life is now a part of my life. Through my good friend Mick Hanzlik, I have acquired a very nice pair of Peter's Darby handcuffs. On first appearances they look untouched, but with knack he must have applied often, these darbies open as if by magic.

Good on you Peter !
(I hope the destination was worth the trip)
all the best

Ian
JonathanGoodwin
View Profile
New user
London
8 Posts

Profile of JonathanGoodwin
Pete was a dear friend, and a wonderful performer. It was a great pleasure to work with him, and I miss him every day.

It was lovely to see so many people at the tribute day, and everyone had a lot of fun. Ironically it was the kind of day that Pete would have loved to have attended himself. I know that they made over £2000 for charity. It's just such a shame that someone has to pass away before you do something like that.

regards JG
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi guys

I am glad the tribute went well. Unfortionatly I never recieved any details of it or I would have come down and paid my respects to Pete.

I regret that I never got to meet him, I have heard some great stories though. he sounded like a great guy Smile

Cheers

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
I too never met Peter, but I was sure surprised when my phone rang one day and when I answered it, he was on the other side. He was looking for some unusual cuffs....I only wish that I could have found them to fulfill his request!
We only talked that one time and then I heard the news a year later. It seems to me that even though he was shortchanged in life, he had a happy one and left behind many people to remember and think about him.
m
Mark Lyons O--O

Collector of Handcuffs from around the World

Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

Leslie Nielsen Lt. Frank Drebin, "Police Squad"
escapologist2001
View Profile
Regular user
Connah's Quay, Wales, UK
127 Posts

Profile of escapologist2001
I did know Pete through the Fellowship of Christian Magicians. I'm disappointed that I was not able to attend the day (nor the funeral) but I'm delighted to hear it was the sort of occasion he would have loved.

Rest In Peace, Pete

Robin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » In memory of Peter McCahon (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL