The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » 3 ropes and a baby (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtcooks
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of rtcooks
I ordered 3 ropes and a baby. I am fairly new to rope magic, but I can do a basic cut and restore and The professors nightmare. On a difficulty scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the easiest routine and 10 being impossible how would you rate it. Thanks in advance. Smile
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Three Ropes & a Baby is a well-illustrated and explained routine, published by Camirand Academy. The instructions are very clear, and will make this routine very accessible to you. Then it will be up to you to practice, polish it, and to put your own stamp on the routine. On the scale of difficulty (dexterity or technical skill required), I would say that this routine is in the area of a "5". Having said that, its entertainment and magic value is right at the top.
Enjoy learning this fun routine from Richard Sanders! Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Chris Calabrese
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
44 Posts

Profile of Chris Calabrese
The book is good, but I find for me it's really necessary to watch the video performance to see exactly what hand is doing what at what time. You can get Sanders' "Close Up Assassin" video where he performs the routine, or you can download a Quicktime video at magicsmith.com (which is free but not the best quality). Unfortunately the video is performance only with no explanations, so you'll still need the book no matter what you do.
~ Chris Calabrese ~
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Great suggestions, Chris. In order to avoid sounding like a clone of my favorite magicians, I often turn the sound down or off when I go through the moves with a video. A picture is worth a thousand words, and the combination of instructional text, photo illustrations, and the video, should make it possible for just about anyone to learn magic. The only drawback, of course, is that you don't get the feedback you would from personal instruction. But a combination of study methods can give you the next best thing. Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » 3 ropes and a baby (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL