The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » T. Nelson Downs Stories » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Gentlemen,
I am posting this topic here on 'Show me the Money' because I believe it applies more aptly to Coin Magic then any other forum.
I have spent the last six months researching the life and times of T. Nelson Downs. Hopfully in the near future I'll have the gallies done and ready for the publisher.
At this juncture, having gone through every posting in this forum area, I've run across tidbits of information related by a number of Members. Those I've extracted and and noted their origin, however now, I like to see if there is anything else! Lore of any kind, antidotes, conjecture or anything else you have to offer.
This book will not be a treatise on Magic, but a Biography. Mr. Downs was a very private man, and the impact he had on magic is astounding, even to this day!
Thank you, I look forward to your postings.
Regards,
Wizzard
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There are stories. David Roth took the effort to research the guy. Might want to ask him at a seminar or lecture.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Be Vewy Vewy Quiet....we're hunting Wabbits...
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
I'm currently working with Chris at Lybrary.com on a project to convert the Downs books into alternative formats, and have had A LOT of time to reread his musings, reserved humor, and mastery of close up sleight of hand. I'm sure there must be an endless supply of interesting bits and stories to tell.

If there's any references that you need from the books, let me know. I spend what was once my "free time" knee-deep in Tommy Downs' material. Not a bad trade off actually Smile

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Knee-deep in Tony Downs' material

Shouldn't that be "Tommy Downs"?

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » T. Nelson Downs Stories » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL