The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Vanish: Both Hands shown to be empty (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22892 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Michael Ammar was the first to publish a version of showing both hands empty after the vanish of a coin. A casual hand washing method that is very convinencing.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1156 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
Steve Draun's "perfect coin vanish" uses the same principle as Sankey's Messiah vanish and also the one in Bobo. See it at

http://www.stevedraun.com/movies/perfectcoinvanish2.wmv
Jolyon Jenkins
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Greg Wilson has some nice moves and ome nice work on the subject of showing both hands empty on his DVDs. His moves are really slick, and are meant to be used in real world situations.

I also enjoy the Messiah vanish as mentioned earlier.

Surprised that the "revolutionary Coin vanish" hasn't come up yet. I don't know much about it, but am curious about it though.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Daffydoug brings up another magicians superstrong magic without knucklebusting sleight of hand. His effect "Something from Nothing" is an excellent effect that can be done completely surrounded.....as can his "All Around Vanish".

By His, I mean Greg Wilson.....my bad.......lol

should have mentioned that in the previous post....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Paul Jester
View Profile
Special user
UK
759 Posts

Profile of Paul Jester
If you're a beginner though you might prefer the Downs palm. This is explained in Bobo, or The Magic of Micheal Ammar has a nice take on it too. Otherwise, like people have said before, ditch the coin wherever you can.
Paul.
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
[Daffydoug brings up another magicians superstrong magic without knucklebusting sleight of hand. His effect "Something from Nothing" is an excellent effect that can be done completely surrounded.....as can his "All Around Vanish".]

Can someone tell me where could I learn:

1) Something from nothing
2) All around vanish

Thanks
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Both can be learned on Greg Wilsons Off the Cuff Video......

To be honest, I believe that they are the first too effects taught on the vid.

heres a link:
http://www.world-of-magic.co.uk/magic.asp?id=534
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Quote:
On 2005-06-11 00:59, zhuanan wrote:
[I know now a couple of vanishes but I only use three in particular in my routines.These are the Goshman Toss Vanish, Classic Palm Vanish and Retention vanish. I use these three quite often because these are the 3 vanishes I could sell to the audience the most. ]

Would I be able to learn Goshman Toss Vanish, Classic Palm Vanish and Retention vanish from Bobo's Modern Coin Magic? Thanks

I agree with Jonathan Townsend. Much time, dedication and patience is needed to master any kind of vanish. Constant practice is required as well as a real performance to incorporate the proper timing.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
I used to own David Roths first 3 coin videos (unfortunately I sold them, I'd love to get them again).

Anyway, there is the COMPLETE vanish of a single coin on there, I believe it was called the 'Malini steal'.

I've used this ever since learning it. You can show both hands empty because they really are, the coin is gone!

You might also like to check out some videos on the Topit. Michael Ammar has some really great ones and Carl Cloutier does too.

Cheers
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2005-06-17 02:33, BIlly James wrote:
Anyway, there is the COMPLETE vanish of a single coin on there, I believe it was called the 'Malini steal'.

It's actually the Cardini Steal.
Click to visit:
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Quote:
On 2005-06-11 00:59, zhuanan wrote:
[I know now a couple of vanishes but I only use three in particular in my routines.These are the Goshman Toss Vanish, Classic Palm Vanish and Retention vanish. I use these three quite often because these are the 3 vanishes I could sell to the audience the most. ]

Would I be able to learn Goshman Toss Vanish, Classic Palm Vanish and Retention vanish from Bobo's Modern Coin Magic? Thanks

And yes, you could learn the 2 from Bobo's and the Goshman Toss, not.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Vanish: Both Hands shown to be empty (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL