The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Malini Egg Bag (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
I've decided to add the Malini style bag to my act. All I have is an old, cheap model and decided I should upgrade.

Any recommendations?

At one time Jeff Busby's ex made a beautiful bag, but that was MANY years ago and I have no idea if she's still doing it. I have one of her Sterling bags and it is still beautiful after all these years.

Later....
Steve
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
What is your routine on this.
Care to share?

I've been wanting to include an egg bag routine in my act, but I have yet to work out a good routine for that.

Is your routine for children or adults?
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5729 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The guy who gets a great deal of positive reviews about his Malini Egg Bags is Dan Tong. I've seen them and they're very nice.
His address is 22358 New York Avenue, Port Charlotte, Florida 33952; I don't have any other contact info. I believe you can get them from stevensmagic.com, although I'm not sure who manufactures the ones they sell.

I use a Senor Mardo Bag and had a routine performance ready in just two weeks. The Malini just wasn't for me. It looks great close-up, especially when Harry Riser performs it -- it was awesome to see his routine, many years ago. But, on stage, the Malini has never impressed me. I like the Mardo Bag because it's great close-up or on stage. It also contrasts with whatever I wear. Stevens also carries the Mardo Bag; hocus-pocus.com will have an even better deal on either of the bags.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4394 Posts

Profile of Paul
And of course,Stevens put out a video of various well known performers doing the egg bag so probably worth investing in for research...

See if you can find the book "Magic With Faucett Ross" by Lewis Ganson. Billy McComb used this egg bag routine's climax, the production of the glass of whisky. Bag construction details are there too. This is a recommended book.

Paul.
stevenamills
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of stevenamills
Quote:
What is your routine on this.
Care to share?

I've been wanting to include an egg bag routine in my act, but I have yet to work out a good routine for that.

Is your routine for children or adults?

Jimmy,

I'm a big fan of Ken Brooke, so my routine is basically Ken's from his instructions. At one time Magic Inc. put out a booklet entitled "Ken Brooke & Friends & The Malini Egg Bag". It is classic Brooke - thorough and commercial.

I would call it, primarily, an adult trick, but I would think a children's presentation could be fairly easily developed.

Hope this is of some help.

Later.....
Steve
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
532 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
I'll second Steve's recommendation of the Ken Brooke material.

I made my own Malini bag years ago, so I'm not much help in selecting one. I did keep some notes that may make it a little easier if you decide to make your own. PM me if needed.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
bielke
View Profile
New user
Germany
57 Posts

Profile of bielke
i have a malini and it is great. you can work so easy with it and it is not a problem to show it both sides.

great material

pierre
glennmagi
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of glennmagi
I used to use a Malini bag but now I use a PBE BY CHRIS PILSWORTH. Not many people actually put eggs in felt bags.
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Does anyone know where PBE is available?
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2017, glennmagi wrote:
I used to use a Malini bag but now I use a PBE BY CHRIS PILSWORTH. Not many people actually put eggs in felt bags.

I wouldn't put an egg into a FELT bag, either.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jamesmwood
View Profile
New user
El Paso, Texas
99 Posts

Profile of jamesmwood
Ted,

If you are still interested in PB&E by Chris Pilsworth (egg bag routine done with a paper bag instead of a cloth bag) it's available on Bill Abbott's website https://billabbottmagic.com/

Hope this helps,

Jim
Jim Wood
El Paso, Texas
jawood@utep.edu
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
791 Posts

Profile of Rook
In terms of the Malini style, I'm partial to Jeff Hobson's version.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
I perform the Malini. I bought mine from Dan Tong. He is one fantastic guy! The only issue I had was to find the right size egg. Believe it or not found them at the dollar
tree. Out of 12 eggs about 4-5'will be the right size. I have become pretty good at blowing them out! My routine is not exactly like Dan's but his final load of the glass, it is one of the best I have ever seen! His bag is great by the way!
And since I'm plugging people, let me say that Dick Oslund's book has a fantastic egg Bag routine for kids, and gives great directions! I'll tell you this, if you do kid shows and don't have Oslund's book of gems, then you don't have many jewels in your box!
Olivier7
View Profile
New user
London
43 Posts

Profile of Olivier7
Does anyone know how to source dan tong's egg bag in Europe? He doesn't seem to ship outside of the US.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22388 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2017, Olivier7 wrote:
Does anyone know how to source dan tong's egg bag in Europe? He doesn't seem to ship outside of the US.

Why not check with Danny or Pauline and be sure they don't. I could not find any statements that they only sell to U.S. customers.

http://magicbypauline.com/index.php
Olivier7
View Profile
New user
London
43 Posts

Profile of Olivier7
Thanks a lot Bill. But of course I have tried to contact them several times six to nine months ago but they just ignored my messages. Also, it is at the time of zntering the delivery address that you can choose only the vountry United States, no other country...
Marc DeSouza
View Profile
V.I.P.
Wayne, PA
213 Posts

Profile of Marc DeSouza
IMHO, the best bags currently available are made by Fabric Manipulation (the marvelously talented Lynetta Welch) or the ones made by Jonathan Neal Brown (occasionally available here on TMC)
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
I have Dan Tong's bag, the Fabric Manipulation bag, and Jeff Hobson' bag. I like the Hobson back because it is made in 2 colors (outside red, inside black) and is easier for me to use. I just like its size better.
canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
555 Posts

Profile of canaday
All of Dan's bags are hand sewn by his wife, Pauline, and are of superb quality.
kcbeave
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of kcbeave
Is fabric manipulations still in business? I have not been able to get in touch with them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Malini Egg Bag (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL