The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ron Wilson's "The Uncanny Scot" (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Hi guys,

I am very interested in this book, primarily for the confabulation type effect. If anyone could tell me what the rest of the book is like, and also outline the benefits of the confabulation effect, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
You learn the Highland Hop (a great utility move) and a wealth of other commercial routines. The confabulation is the highlight though.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Thanks David. How clean is the confabulation? I am looking for one that does not use a wallet, just an envelope.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
The confabulation is one of the best and cleanest around. The handling is motivated and very smooth. He does use a wallet though. With a little thought you could use an envelope only. You just have to find a way to securely l*** it.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Thanks David. Any particular wallet needed? Sounds like its a winner.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3261 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
It's optional if you want to use a wallet or not, but if you will use one for this routine it should be a modern-style LePaul wallet.
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
366 Posts

Profile of kamus
Uncanny Scot is one of those books that inexplicably flew under the radar screen of many magicians. Every time I pick it up, I'm impressed with somethiong I hadn't noticed before. Well worth reading!
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
654 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
The Uncanny Scot is "Workers in a Kilt." The real world routines of a real world performer.

Get it.

Respectfully,

DD
“For centuries we’ve said playing cards – even a single playing card – could reveal a person’s innermost thoughts.
Now you can prove it!”
See http://www.dixonmagic.com/page5/page5.html
JChristensen
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
71 Posts

Profile of JChristensen
Also take a look at Second Sight. This was just in the program of a noted professionsl mentalist.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Thank you - sorry, is this an effect from the book?? If so, may I ask what the effect is?

Thanks,

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
JChristensen
View Profile
New user
St. Louis, MO
71 Posts

Profile of JChristensen
Second Sight is an effect in The Uncanny Scot, page 86. The effect is that a blue-backed deck is fanned and shuffled. The spectator may shuffle the cards. A red-backed card is shown, back to the audience so only you know its identity. This stranger card is placed into the deck and the deck shuffled again (face may be towards the audience, so they can see the mixing). It is then spread faces toward a spectator who is asked to call out any card they see. When this card is removed from the deck, it is red-backed. The deck may be spread showing it to be the only odd-backed card. It's very clean, no sleights.
scottasf
View Profile
Regular user
san leandro, ca
157 Posts

Profile of scottasf
I just bought this book today!!! 40 bucks from Byron Walker 510-276-1854
2008/2009 President Oakland Magic Circle

"Life would be so wonderful if we only knew what to do with it." - Greta Garbo
Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Profile of Magicjohnathon
I bought a copy of the Uncanny Scot about a year or so ago, at a used book store for $45.00. I love having this book in my library, lots of priceless treasures like the uncanny chop cup, flight of the phoenix, finger rings that link, Etc. Great book!
"If at first you don't succeed! Than skydiving is definately not for you"!
Magically Johnathon Marshall
toonomads
View Profile
Regular user
Albuquerque, NM, USA
172 Posts

Profile of toonomads
An essential magic book.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4446 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Ron does include a version to perform confabulation, called confabulous I think in the book (this was the reason I persued the book). It is filled with some great tricks and a very interesteing read, I thought I was only buying it for the one effect, but I love them all, really I do
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Nat
View Profile
Elite user
484 Posts

Profile of Nat
Anyone have for sale the notes for Second Sight effect, Ron Wilson? Thanks. Nat

Quote:
On 2005-06-09 10:55, sjdavison wrote:
Hi guys,

I am very interested in this book, primarily for the confabulation type effect. If anyone could tell me what the rest of the book is like, and also outline the benefits of the confabulation effect, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Simon
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2639 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Wow, in the $40 range? I haven't found it for less than $100 anywhere! That's the only reason I haven't picked up a copy yet.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1033 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
My copy was about $100 as well, money well spent.

Surprised no one mentioned the newspaper tear.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
What am I missing---I see all the posts about paying $45 to $100 for the book and that it is difficult to find. It appears to be available for immediate delivery from Penguin Magic for $45 with bonus dvd.
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Behaut, what you see at Penguin - same author different book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Ron Wilson's "The Uncanny Scot" (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL