The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review WANTED: Bill Goldman's "One for the Money" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Profile of Richard Shippy
Could someone please describe this effect? I would love to add an any card at any number effect into my routine and I am wondering if this is that type of effect. Also, it is interesting that there is only 1 trick on this DVD so I am thinking it may be worth it. For those of you that have seen this trick, is it worth purchasing this DVD?

Sorry for all the questions but this DVD has sparked my interest.

Thank you,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Yes, it's an any-card-at-any-number effect. "Worth" is subjective, but in my opinion it's an excellent and practical version.
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Thank you Larry! I was hoping it would be an any-card-at-any-number effect.

Also, yes I agree that "worth" is subjective and in most cases I would be happy to find one killer routine on a DVD. If the effect is strong and practical then it is probably worth the money.

Has anyone purchased this DVD and was satisfied? I would love to hear some more opinions.

Thank you,
Rich
"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they'd make up their minds." ~ Winston Churchill
Gregg Tobo
View Profile
New user
Denver
64 Posts

Profile of Gregg Tobo
Rich,

Technically this is a selected-card-at-any-number effect (rather than A.C.A.A.N.), though I doubt a lay person would notice the distiction.

As with all of Mr. Goldman's material, if you perform for lay people this is fantastic. Bill walks you through each line of the script to explain how it contributes to creating a miracle in the spectator's mind.

If you perform for other magicians, you will be disappointed, because the method is not designed to impress magicians.

Gregg
Richard Shippy
View Profile
Special user
Scottsdale, Arizona
510 Posts

Thank you Gregg, your explination is very helpful. I appreciate your reply.

I am thinking it may be best to use a memorized stack for such a technique. It will require more preparation and practice yet it could be a good fooler. Does anyone know of a great A.C.A.A.N. effect which could utilize a memorized stack?

I own Bill Goldman's "Two for the Money" and thought it was great for entertaining laymen.

Overall, I would love to incorporate an ACAAN effect for some of my magician friends.

Thank you,
Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Review WANTED: Bill Goldman's "One for the Money" (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL