The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind's new video release (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1760 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Steve Brooks posted a bio (written by Jim Sisti) in the Café's welcome section for Mr. Osterlind's July visit...in it he wrote, "His new video release will be available later this year." Does anyone (particularly Mr. Osterlind or Mr. Sisti) have any information that they are willing to share on the scope of this forthcoming project?

With eager anticipation,

David
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Just wait till Saturday and ask him during his visit to the Café!

I'm already setting aside some money for these videos, definitely.
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1760 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Good thought, unfortunately it is not until JULY 11th that Mr. Osterlind will be joining us in the 'Chef Special' forum. I guess this could be seen as an opportunity to practice 'patience' on my part, but I'd prefer to put off practice on that topic for about another month Smile
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Whoopsy David, my bad (Looks like ive been going too long without sleep lately!)

In that case, yes. Can Richard or Jim Sisti PLEASE give us some information on this set?
Thanks! Scott B.

"I don't know the key to success . . . but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
457 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Without letting too many cats out of the bag, I can tell you that it will be a fall release and will essentially be a continuation of the "Mind Mysteries" series in that it will only contain Richard's own material.

I'm sure that he'll have more to say about these videos when he's a special guest here in July.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1760 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Jim,

Thanks for the tidbit! Will it be an L&L release?

Best,

David
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Thanks for the update Jim. Mind Mysteries is a classic in my honest opinion. I can't wait until July. I have sooooo many questions. This is going to be fun.

Phil
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-06-10 21:56, David Eichler wrote:
Jim,

Thanks for the tidbit! Will it be an L&L release?

Best,

David

I'm pretty sure someone (possibly Richard) said something about filming these during the filming of ETMMM (around that time) at Lake Tahoe. And also, I'm guessing L&L owns the copyright on the Mind Mysteries series.
Thanks! Scott B.

Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2269 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
Scott b. as far as I know, that's true as well. The poor guy must have exhausted after having filmed both in one trip.

Best,
Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
scott b.
View Profile
Special user
732 Posts

Profile of scott b.
Quote:
On 2005-06-11 06:15, Kennedy wrote:
Scott b. as far as I know, that's true as well. The poor guy must have exhausted after having filmed both in one trip.

Best,
Kennedy

All well worth it in the end though for everyone! Eh?
Thanks! Scott B.

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Oh, man. I misread too. I thought it was June 11th. Got all excited to check the Guest of Honor section...

Looking forward to July 11th.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
nirve
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of nirve
I'll be sure to buy this new one when it comes out. Sounds wonderful.
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
977 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Cant wait, Mr. Osterlind has material is very entertaing.
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
... add me to the list too....
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same...
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Pretty much about the new videos has been held under cover for a long time.
However, rumours say that they will be just as great as Mind Mysteries.
I am certain about that investing in even more Osterlind material, will give me return of that money many times
I own pretty much of what you can find on his website, and have not been disapointed one single time.
Take it for granted that I will be among the first in line when they are released sometime this year.

Sven
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2005-07-03 18:18, Sven wrote:
Pretty much about the new videos has been held under cover for a long time.
However, rumours say that they will be just as great as Mind Mysteries.
Sven

I guess we'll have to wait and see if the new videos will be all mentalism effects or if, as in the series you refer to, they'll contain a significant amount of non-mentalism magic "filler," as another forum participant has characterized it.
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
By the way, did something happen to Richard's website ? I always get the message "forbidden"...
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
It just happened to me too, so relax...you're probably not banned from it Smile Smile Smile
I have a guess on that it is down for service or that Jim is adding some new informations.
About the new book and videos, maybe?

Sven

Quote:
On 2005-07-05 01:10, MentaThought wrote:

I guess we'll have to wait and see if the new videos will be all mentalism effects or if, as in the series you refer to, they'll contain a significant amount of non-mentalism magic "filler," as another forum participant has characterized it.

This confirms once and for ever that you have no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about.
But fine, be my guest - just continue to dig your own hole.

Sven
Dark Thought 13
View Profile
Regular user
Washington D.C.
122 Posts

Profile of Dark Thought 13
Sven, I think that's unfair to a degree.

I love Osterlinds Mind Mysteries but a torn and restored post it is not mentalism, neither is a bill to cigarette, torn & restored sugar packet (sweet & low) Torn and restored newspaper.

This is not mentalism and some may say they felt this was filler on a mentalism dvd. If an unknown artist put his vanishing hank on a mentalism dvd we'd all shout filler. I think the signed newspaper restoration is nice, along with the bill to cigarette as magic tricks, I thought the torn & restored post it note was just pure filler.

I am not here to slam Mr Osterlind, I love his work. I am playing the Devils advocate and some might see this a filler and have a right to say so.

Just my thought on it...

DT13
"I love the one with the plastic thumb!"
Someone who has seen a s*** magician
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
DT

Thanks for your reflected thoughts.

I agree to that there are a few magic effects in MM
However, there are even more on top of the mental effects that maybe can't be described as mentalism, but something " a mentalist could or would do"
Linking Finger Rings is one example.

Why I snapped, was because of in what flavour the post was put.
If you read MentaThoughts posts here (not that they are too interesting)you will find that he doesn't miss one option to try to drag Richards material or what Richard says here down in the dirt.
I would not be surprised if MentaThought turns up with a reply to this reply, saying something like:

"I didn't characterize that as
they'll contain a significant amount of non-mentalism magic filler, it was ANOTHER forum participant that did that"
See my point on where he probably comes from?

Even though there aremagic effects in MM, like what you mentioned, and not to forget the water glass production, not even the ones that reflected disagree on Richard's thoughts, theories and philosophy would dream of calling them "fillers"

Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Osterlind's new video release (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL