The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where to purchase high quality n*** w*****s... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Any thoughts on some good ballpoint writers. Does anyone use Walt Noons' ballpoint SW*M*? I just wanted to know if someone has one. I like the idea! I just thought I would ask.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
I have used the Delal nail writer for years and just saw the Lee Earle video on how to make a swami. I still love and use the nail writer but I use the one that Lee taught for stage use. You can use almost any kind of lead in that thing. Listo, China Marker, Pencil, Chalk, Lipstick(okay maybe not) but the point is you shouldn't limit yourself to just one type. Try out different kinds until you are comfortable. Your not just gonna slip a nail writer on and start writting. Like any good effect it will take some practice and effort. Remember-how long it took for you to walk on your own!!

Have fun
Shaun R.
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1943 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Bought mine from roy roth (uk dealer) 20 years ago, still going strong.
E.O.I
czero
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
282 Posts

Profile of czero
Quote:
On 2005-06-11 01:07, magicman02 wrote:
The best N*** W***** I seen is the one I use, it is Greg Edmonds RTW, and it comes with a great booklet. It is so easy to use, it is a thumb tip verision that the lead slides in when it is in your pocket, so you can't break the lead while it is in your pocket. Hank Lee has it, I highly recommend it, it is the best I seen.

I love this one. Very clever and practical. (I can't use nailwriters, as I obsessively keep my nails trimmed as short as possible.) And ditto on the routines in the booklet; they're first-rate. I think I read elsewhere here on the Café that Kreskin used one of them in his act.

--Mike
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Sean:
Y**r F*nny !!!!****!!!!!
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Quote:
On 2005-06-20 11:53, magic h2os wrote:
Any thoughts on some good ballpoint writers. Does anyone use Walt Noons' ballpoint SW*M*? I just wanted to know if someone has one. I like the idea! I just thought I would ask.

The ballpoint writer question pops up from time to time, and I can't help wondering why some find the need for using a ballpoint pen that important.

The avarage spectators memory curve after a performance is remarakable low when it comes to remember the details of what the performer actually did.
I am also wholeheartly convinced about that if I do my things right during a performance, the spectactor won't remember that there were any paperslips and writing in use, only that she thought of a word, name, number or what have you.

So, if it is a point for us that the paperslips are forgotten, or at least not looked upon as an important element of the routine, is it then important what kind of writing tool we use?
I think not.

If one really "must"use (or pretend to use] a ballpoint pen, look up Osterlind's "Cross Pen Principle)

If you still aren't happy with that solution, put a dark blue lead into your NW.
No one will notice the difference between that and what you write with a ballpoint.

Do not use a ballpoint NW or TW.
- They are difficult to find
- They are more expensive
- They sooner or later will dry out and let you down at the worst possible moment

Just my thoughts

Sven
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2511 Posts

Profile of Waters
Sven:
Great points. I am not so concerned about the "appearance" of using a pencil. I am merely trying to be congruent with myself. I am very aware of the cognitive dissonance... I just think the more we can be consistent with ourselves, however small the detail may be, it comes through on a subconscious level.

I did not mean to to "wax philosophical" however your statements lead
to the point... when you can choose to be consistent (even in the smallest ways, isn't worth tending to the details).

Thanks,

Sean
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Sean

Do I understand you as to that you by your wish to be consistent (-and that's fine!) do not want to use a ballpoint pen for writing something, and in the next moment use a lead pencil fore something else?
If that is the case, you should really look up the Cross Pen Principle.
That will give you what you need.

Sven
spook
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
150 Posts

Profile of spook
I'm a big fan of the Dalal undernail. I think most people who have problems with an undernail do so because they haven't tried adjusting it to fit and attempt to use it right out of the package. Specific to the Dalal, the part of the lead channel pointing toward you needs to be crimped with pliers...this is by design so that various leads can be made to fit. Further, everyone's fingernail is different...the lead channel needs to be squeezed tightly against the wings once the writer is in position so that it firmly grips the nail. A lot of people think that the device is intended to be secured merely by the wings being wedged under the nail; this alone will guarantee an improper fit and cause the writer to pop off in mid-performance. The wings merely prevent the lead from shifting side to side; it's actually the lead channel and the metal directly beneath it which clip the gimmick securely to the nail. Once locked into place according to the thickness of your fingernail it can be used time and again with no worries.
aaguilar007
View Profile
Regular user
México
106 Posts

Profile of aaguilar007
Bob Cassidy teaches in his Principia Mentalia - Part Two (Earth) how to make an excellent n**l w*****r. That's the one I've been using for a while.

Also, Richard Osterlind sells via his web site the Sam Dalal's S***i Gimmick.
“If you can make another person’s reality into something wonderful, you can do real magic”.

Richard Osterlind
Making Real Magic
dcullen30
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of dcullen30
I buy mine from osterlind
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Where to purchase high quality n*** w*****s... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL