The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » NEW Sunshine Boys DVD by Larry Becker & Lee Earle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1389 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Good news. A new DVD from Becker and Earle !!!

Sunshine Boys DVD by Larry Becker & Lee Earle

Presented for a live audience six entertaining routines! Detailed explanations! Plus hilarious outtakes! A 2-camera shoot!

Includes extra free performance material (via .pdf file download)!
Larry's Ace Revisited - Reveal a word from nn unprepared dictionary, on a page your audience selects!
Lee's Tender Touch - Show an uncanny ability to 'balance' the known and unknown!
Larry's Out of Body II - Disclose all the cards taken from an audience-shuffled deck, then repeat with a single card under test conditions!
Lee's Corner Pocket - A classic method updated, predicts the winner in game of 8-Ball pool.
Larry's Cardology - A printed letter reveals a participant's choice of a month, a number and a playing card only he is thinking of!
Lee's Question & Answer - This is the one he uses when performing for high-dollar corporate audiences; it's quick, effective, and the audience does the work!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4893 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Any reviews or comments, sounds like a interesting magic movie!
See the ad:
http://www.mentalismunlimited.com/Sunshine.html
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Still no review for this one?
cfrye
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon, USA
941 Posts

Profile of cfrye
Larry's Ace Revisited - Reveal a word from an unprepared dictionary, on a page your audience selects!

A solid effect you can perform with a bit of work. Yes, the dictionary is unprepared, but there is one very important item you need to have or make to pull off the effect. I like it a lot.

Lee's Tender Touch - Show an uncanny ability to 'balance' the known and unknown!

My favorite routine on the DVD. The effect is that you can tell when you have the same number of cards in each hand. A participant cuts an unknown quantity of cards into one hand, another spectator counts a known number of cards into your other hand, and you drop cards from the "known" hand until the numbers match. Lee's presentation is terrific.

Larry's Out of Body II - Disclose all the cards taken from an audience-shuffled deck, then repeat with a single card under test conditions!

Good, but it just didn't capture my interest the way some of the other effects did.

Lee's Corner Pocket - A classic method updated, predicts the winner in game of 8-Ball pool.

This trick, while simple, relies on your presentation skills to make it appealing. Yes, that's true of any routine, but it's particularly true in this case. That said, I think it's a great piece you can perform anywhere.

Larry's Cardology - A printed letter reveals a participant's choice of a month, a number and a playing card only he is thinking of!

Very cool. The information you need comes directly from the participant's actions and your (Larry's) cleverness.

Lee's Question & Answer - This is the one he uses when performing for high-dollar corporate audiences; it's quick, effective, and the audience does the work!

As advertised.
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Thanks for the review.
cgscpa
View Profile
Elite user
Ashton, MD
447 Posts

Profile of cgscpa
When I saw Larry Becker and Lee Earle lecture a few months ago they were selling an abbreviated form of the DVD as their lecture notes. Basically it was the explanations only since they performed most of the effects during their lecture.

I belive that all of Becker's effects on the DVD are published in Stunners Plus. I have done Larry's Ace Revisted and Larry's Cardology to great effect, especially Cardology. I liked Out of Body II when Becker performed it at the lecture and plan to try it in the "real world". He also teaches a nice false shuffle that's not listed in the table of contents.

I have not seen anything by Lee Earle before so this was my first exposure to him. I agree with Curt that Lee's Tender Touch routine is great, especially as an opening effect. Corner pocket didn't do it for me but his Q&A was very good.
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
I think that nothing is really new (if you follow the works of those two great magical thinkers and workers), but is all interesting.
It's not exactly a real live performance, and it's more like a lecture. Everything has a casual and informal touch. I would have enjoy more a more dramatical or profesional presentation of the effects for enjoy more the good works of those two great and talented mistery men.
Darío
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » NEW Sunshine Boys DVD by Larry Becker & Lee Earle (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL