The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is the Best DVD or book to learn body loading? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
What is the Best DVD or book to learn body loading?

Please point me at the right direction, thanks!
In love with magic!
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Abbott's Magic in Colon, Michigan, USA used to sell a book called "The Art of Body Loading and Productions" by Eddie Joseph. It was published in 1950 and is 65 pages long.

I don't know if it's still available and I also don't know if there are any others books out there. But this book really covers the topic well.
Coram Deo
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
I have the above book.
What do you mean by body loading ?
I'll run through it again, but it was written when fashon was much different !
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Body loading is loading your production item onto a spectator for producing. It is done secretly and the production is a surprise to everybody. For example, walk up to somebody and pull a rabbit out of their coat.

And depending on your market, fashion hasn't changed that much. The skills described in the book, can still be done today. You might have to make some adjustments to make it work, but then isn't that called the growth and evolution of magic?
Coram Deo
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
Scott Alexander DVDs have a lot of excellent loading of different kinds. He has a lot of liquid productions that are awesome.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Thank you very much!

Hirase
In love with magic!
Lord of Illusion
View Profile
Veteran user
Has his enemies stuck on
310 Posts

Profile of Lord of Illusion
The old produce a glass of wine will absolutly floor someone if you take it from THEIR jacket pocket.

Body loading can definatly still be done in a corporate environment, but in homes and most clubs you'll be lucky to find a jacketed person anymore.

Azrael
Edward Wolfgang Poe,

The Necromancer of the South
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
You are right!

Can we still use the term "body loading" if we produce the object from my own jacket?
In love with magic!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is the Best DVD or book to learn body loading? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL