The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » That pesky last piece (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

13ofhearts
View Profile
New user
Fayetteville, AR
21 Posts

Profile of 13ofhearts
Hi everyone,

I've been working on a bizarre presentation for a torn and restored card. But with many methods, including the method I'm currently using (J.C. Wagner's) we are left with one quarter of the card unrestored. Anybody got any ideas for a presentational angle to explain the incomplete restoration or should I just learn a method where the card is totally restored?

I've thought of things like "once something is destroyed, no power can bring it completely back..." or instead of giving them the extra piece as a reciept (ick), putting it with the folded 3/4 card so when I unfold it, it falls to the table, "oh, looks like we didn't concentrate long enough..."

Looking forward to what everyone has to say
Thanks
Eric
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx
sinnead zenun
View Profile
Elite user
Mt. Makiling
408 Posts

Profile of sinnead zenun
Hi eric Smile could you give us more detail about your presentation???
what is the story about???
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Daniel Garcia's "Torn" is an excellent restoration in my, and many others opinion...the card is in fact totally restored, and with a little practice, will come off clean as a whistle...

I also do a ripped and restored Tarot using the "Viking Card Box"...old as hell principle, but undetectable with average inspection...

I keep a corner of the card and when I put the other pieces in the box, a few incantaions and the box is opened showing a tarot card with one corner missing, and Viola! its a fit...

...but you didn't ask all that!
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
In "Magic and Meaning" there's a nice presentation that explains away the unrestored part.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
The T&R card threads have plenty of methods.

Bill Duncan has something very nice in his book Tubthumping to manage the Harris version of the trick.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
The way I see it, the last corner is a part of the proving for example the card in orange effect that is taught in Tarbell I. The spectator holds onto and initials the corner of the card. At the conclusion of the restoration that initialed corner is a perfect fit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » That pesky last piece (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL