The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Radio Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Desperatly looking for any effects that can be performed over the air waves please.
I have a series of shows to do on the radio, so any advice, suggestions, tips will be of great value. Thank you in anticipation.
Pablo Tejero
View Profile
Inner circle
Zaragoza, SPAIN
1201 Posts

Profile of Pablo Tejero
The Honolulu Shuffle could work for the radio quite good (but it´s better for telephone magic).

All the best magic,

Pablo Tejero Smile
"The Magic is in the air, you just have to... breathe it!"
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Check out Ted Lesley's idea in Paramiracles, in the 'tricks of a raised consciousness'. A phenomenal effect is where he gives the DJ a phone number, of his 'psychic friend'. The DJ opens up a new deck of cards, shuffles to his hearts content, removes a card, and places it in his pocket, all while the performers back is turned (you genuinely come nowhere near the deck). When they ring the 'psychic', even though you say nothing, he can divine what card they have in their pocket.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
John Wade had a little booklet on radio stuff, as did Banachek in his Steve Shaw days.

Paul.
Nick B
View Profile
New user
London, England
59 Posts

Profile of Nick B
Richard Osterlind's "Radio Sum Total"? It's not a card effect as such but is fine for radio magic.

It's on volume 3 of his video series.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Nick
Nick
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
What if you did a Max Maven or Copperfield style 'mass' force type effect (ala the tv specials) for everyone by purchasing some advertisement space (split the cost with the radio station) in the local newspaper? Within the ad you have the effects centerpiece layed out, be it a matrix of selections, or the round spiral of 'choices', etc, that the listening audience could follow along with your instructions. This would have a much bigger impact since the audience could now actually participate and be a part of the effect rather than simply listen to it and probably conclude that the whole thing is just a gag or hoax that everyone was 'in on'. Now you've got several things going for you. The station gets publicity, the audience gets to play along (don't discount that impromptu and randomly solicited callers will validate the effects outcome), and you get well deserved credibility (and possibly a call back for an encore down the road).
darkleopard5
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
107 Posts

Profile of darkleopard5
Yes, Jason Wade does have a book on radio magic also can anyone tell me what Honolulu Shuffle, is?
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2005-06-14 05:36, sjdavison wrote:
Check out Ted Lesley's idea in Paramiracles, in the 'tricks of a raised consciousness'. A phenomenal effect is where he gives the DJ a phone number, of his 'psychic friend'. The DJ opens up a new deck of cards, shuffles to his hearts content, removes a card, and places it in his pocket, all while the performers back is turned (you genuinely come nowhere near the deck). When they ring the 'psychic', even though you say nothing, he can divine what card they have in their pocket.

Simon

I perform a similar effect over the phone, and although I don't have to 'see' the selected card, I do have to handle the deck. The handling you described seems cleaner.

By the way, I ordered Paramiracles after reading your post about Paramiracles in another thread.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Thank you all. Charlie Justice, you have really got a good idea there, I am working on that.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Kevvy - you will not regret it. A fantastic book - the Teleport envelope is worth the price of the book many times over. The cards is just one excellent part of the book.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Thanks for the info Simon. I'm really looking forward to reading it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Radio Effects (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL