The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Stage clothes... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Does anyone know of any seamstresses or people who make stage clothing?

I am trying to get a special trench coat made for me, but no one locally seems to
be able to do the job. Its not a particularly difficult project I am told anyone with experience making clothing could handle it, any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

Steven
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Steven,

If you scroll the forums - check out Odd and Ends, there's a section on stage clothes and you'll find some useful info there.

Chrystal
ruaturtle
View Profile
Regular user
Gastonia, NC
113 Posts

Profile of ruaturtle
Hi Steven... My other half makes clothes for me. I also recently found a beautiful vest with historical playing cards as the print at a local thrift shop. At least it was beautiful to me just because of the design. I would definitely look at the thrift stores and then hopefully find someone who can do alterations. You might have better luck that way.
I have found that I do not suffer from insanity... instead I rather enjoy it! : )

Poodle... the other white meat.
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
I second the second hand store advice. Found a complete Tux in great shape for $35, used a $5 off coupon, and got a great hanging mirror to pratice with for the difference. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Again,

Fantastic advice regarding the second hand shops! I can spend hours in them and find one of a kind items ranging to ornate boxes to just about any costume imaginable. You can then take the trench coat to a seamtress - Usually the local drycleaner has one or a tailor and have it modified.

Just be certain it didn't once belong to Pee Wee Herman.
>>oh that was baaad! Excuse my lame humor.:O)
ruaturtle
View Profile
Regular user
Gastonia, NC
113 Posts

Profile of ruaturtle
A magic routine including clothing worn by Pee Wee Herman... hmmmmmmm... now that could be interesting!!!! Smile
I have found that I do not suffer from insanity... instead I rather enjoy it! : )

Poodle... the other white meat.
David Fletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of David Fletcher
Lynetta Welch!
You have to give it away to keep it.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Checked some second hand shops, no luck.

The problem I guess is I have something specific in mind.

Its a duster like full length trench coat but the company I found only sells it in leather, much too hot. I want the same coat made in thin lightweight material.

I got a tux coat for 3.00$ during my second hand hunting though... Very nice.
David, how do I contact Lynetta Welch, is she the same one who sells the hanks
and things from her website? if so I contacted her already.

Steven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Stage clothes... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL