The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » David Copperfield and Batman Begins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Odd 'Subject' line, huh?

All us from the magic shops are going to get to see David Copperfield on Friday at the Andy Williams Moon River Theater....David is playing here in Branson for two weeks, two shows a day (and yes, he's sold out)....

Last night all of us from the shop met at the IMAX for the Midnight premiere of Batman Begins on the giant screen (65' x 80')...it was AWESOME....

So, the usher comes down to introduce the show and says, "We have a special guest tonight with us, David Copperfield, will you please levitate or stand if you wish, and wave to your fans..."

We all thought it was pretty funny, plus it's cool that I got to see the first showing of Batman with David Copperfield (He hogs the popcorn by the way!!)

We are all looking forward to his show....I've seen him twice, back in Vegas, but that was over a decade ago....Hopefully he has some new tricks up his sleeve...

Professor Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1140 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Lucky you...
I saw David when he was on tour in England, many years ago. When his "flying" routine was at its height - excuse the pun.

Unfortunately, he has never returned, plus he never appears on TV in the UK. Saddly missed.

regards - wulfie
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I have the pleasure of seeing David on the 25th in Branson. I cant wait. He was the reason I started doing magic.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
Yeah, it was fun!!

Hey Corey, while you are in town give me a call and I'll introduce you to some cool mages' working in the shops with us...Maybe show you around, if our schedules permit...Hope you have a good time here at any rate!

Professor Piper

P.S. Corey, if you want, PM me and I'll send you my phone number(s).
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
FLIM-FLAM
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of FLIM-FLAM
I will be catching Copperfield's show 3 times while he is here in Branson. Had seen his show in Grand Rapids, MI. a few years ago. It was fantastic!!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2755 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-06-15 22:19, Corey Harris wrote:
I have the pleasure of seeing David on the 25th in Branson. I cant wait. He was the reason I started doing magic.

Mark Wilson was the reason I "started" doing magic. David and Doug were the reason I remembered why it was so much fun!
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Harry Blackstone, Sr. was the reason I started doing magic. Dunninger and Kreskin were the reasons I got back into it. Van Cleve and MarcoM were the reasons I found it so much fun!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
My first exposure to show magic was seeing Blackstone Sr. I had the privilege of being a very minor performer in a show (Grand Opening of Niagara Falls's Houdini Museum) with Dunninger. I was awed both times.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Lucky you...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
Quote:
On 2005-06-19 12:09, mandrake01 wrote:
Mark Wilson was the reason I "started" doing magic. David and Doug were the reason I remembered why it was so much fun!

Same for me. Mark Wilson got me hooked into magic by way of his Video Course in magic.
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2755 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2005-06-24 22:47, brianclementsvatua wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-06-19 12:09, mandrake01 wrote:

Same for me. Mark Wilson got me hooked into magic by way of his Video Course in magic.

Nah, I go back to "The Magic Land of Alakazam!" One of these days, I'm going to get the money up to buy the box set Mark sells on his website.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » David Copperfield and Batman Begins (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL