The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Amazing Kreskin's Jacko prediction: CORRECT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24222 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This one was open.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
jiggyjer
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jiggyjer
Am I the only one here that thinks predicting the outcome of a child molestation case for entertainment puposes is in bad taste. C'mon guy's, sometimes things just have nothing to do with magic, and sometimes things should be left alone. I like Kreskin a lot but in this case he just added himself to the circus of what was already an indecent media event. Just like Jackson's cheerleaders outside the courthouse. Whether the man is guilty or innocent, some respect aught to be shown for the subject matter, if for no other reason than to show some sespect for the experiences of others for whom the subject matter hits close to home. My father is involved in social work and I have known more than a few people who have suffered some form of abuse (Most people know someone). Imagine a stage hypnotist did a routine involving the sexual abuse of children, and how disgusted you would be witnessing it. I realize it's not quite the same as Kreskin's preditction, but he's not exactly predicting the outcome of the world series here either! As I said, I greatly admire Kreskin, but feel he might be a bit off the mark here.

J
Greg Owen
View Profile
Special user
623 Posts

Profile of Greg Owen
J -

I hear ya, but also consider that there is a history of psychics helping the police, etc. to solve crimes. In this sense, there is a synergy between predicting the outcome of a high-profile court trial and the history of work psychics are (reputed) to have done.

Think of a psychic using a dowsing rod to locate a murdered body in the woods. Gross, yes - but relevant.

Just an alternate thought, and I agree the Jackson case may well be different and Kreskin didn't do a service in this instance.

- Greg Owen
Author of The Alpha Stack ebook - the balanced memorized stack
gobeatty@yahoo.com
jiggyjer
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of jiggyjer
Fraudulant psychics stcking their grifter noses into police investigations is also everybit as distressing and not an arguement that defends the jackson prediction. There is also a history of psychics talking with dead familly mebers, that doesn't mean I can accept Jon Edwards work.
Nosher
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Nosher
I've had a soft spot for Kreskin ever since he pulled the wool over the (extremely willing) Viktor Korchnoi's eyes in a chess stunt.

This 50/50 doesn't do it for me though, I'm afraid. It's in the same category as the legion of "The pope will die in 2005!!" predictions I saw at new year. Common sense yes, amazing prediction - no.
Escapemaster-in-chief from all sorts of houdingplaces - Finnegans Wake
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Amazing Kreskin's Jacko prediction: CORRECT (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL