The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Interested in your guy's acts... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
What do you guys do in your manip acts?? And what do you think you do that NO ONE else does... Smile
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
here is a list in my manip. act in order

card fans/ split fans
single card productions
perfect productions
card fans/ split fans
interlock
split fans
single productions
cards from mouth
end

all of this is like a 7 min routine, yea yea I know, it sucks, ima try to find a new way to change it, but hey, if anyone has anymore tips for me pm me, okai? thanks in advanced

-Chris
shhh..... I see Magicians.....
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
wow... all card manipulation? you must have it down... a way you could change it... is too take some of it out... I mean... card manipulation is great... I do it it my act... but only for about a minute and a half... after a while... the audience KNOWS you can produce a deck of cards... they KNOW you can produce single cards from all these different places... you gotta look at it sometimes... who are you trying to entertain when you are doing your act?... Although it might be very very entertaining.. and Im not saying that's it not.. please dont get me wrong.. 7 minutes of card manipulation is pretty boring to watch... even as a magician.. and I know the skill it takes.. even jeff mcbride, channing pollock, johnny hart... all these great card manip people that did card manip in their acts do something else along with it because magic is not about doing it for yourself (unless you dont want to be a professional, and you just want to accomplish something for yourself which is completely fine Smile ) it's about the entertainment of the audience... a famous magician once said... "Tricks are nothing more than a means to an end, and that end is the entertainment of the audience." Norman Hunter. If you want to talk at all about how I can help you expand your act I would be more than willing to give you some ideas to give it a little flavor Smile the same goes to everyone else out there... have fun and dont stop practicing! Smile
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
Hahaha thanks, thats a great idea, I never thought it was to long... I guess I was just trying to see how long I can keep the act going.

thanks

-Chris
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I'm trying to get a card manip act ready for a stage show November 16... right now I got a killer hangnail on my right ring finger that I just ripped out, and its all tender and swollen... ow! I can't produce anything at the moment Smile
aznviet6uy
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Rosa, CA
315 Posts

Profile of aznviet6uy
lol, try card manipulations using gloves, I dont really know if this will work, but HEY! its worth a shot.

-Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Interested in your guy's acts... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL