The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Gold or silver Snowstorms (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Does anyone know of a source for gold or silver snowstorm loads (Or how I can make my own)? I am thinking out a new miser's dream routine and thought this would be a good climax.

Thanks,
Richard
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Check out http://www.mondomagic.com
They have a bunch of different storms.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
rtgreen
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, Oregon
1322 Posts

Profile of rtgreen
Thanks Jim,

Do you know anything about the glitter storms? It's hard to tell from their description exactly what they are.

Thanks,
Richard
frasic
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of frasic
I've been doing the snow illusion for about 5 years now, and through the years and stared with the mondo loads, now I use a mix. I first use loards from "Raven" the best lightning storm I've ever seen, with the right stage light, it looks great! My second load comes from a local store in Montreal, Canada "Magie Spectram" it's a big loads but GREAT for stage.

don't have there web sites but if sure you can find them with google. I buy my raven loads from denny and Lee magic.

fs
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Nope sorry. I don't know anything about the glitter storm. The ones you were asking for though are the two lightning storms. Glad I could help.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I am not sure that mylar will flutter the same as tissue paper or confetti. I know of no commercially made such loads. If I really wanted to do it, I would make up the packets myself. Try aluminum foil also.

Another good climax was first done by Jon Ramsey. Change the coins to gold and then to gold chocolate coins that were thrown out the audience.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Loyal R
View Profile
Elite user
Canada
417 Posts

Profile of Loyal R
Quote:
On 2005-06-16 20:49, frasic wrote:
I've been doing the snow illusion for about 5 years now, and through the years and stared with the mondo loads, now I use a mix. I first use loards from "Raven" the best lightning storm I've ever seen, with the right stage light, it looks great! My second load comes from a local store in Montreal, Canada "Magie Spectram" it's a big loads but GREAT for stage.

don't have there web sites but if sure you can find them with google. I buy my raven loads from denny and Lee magic.

fs

Magie Spectram site is http://www.spectram.com
Dare to Dream...
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Hi there,

denny carries the best mylar snowstorm out there the one larry maples and raven came up with. it shows up well however keep in mind it is a mix of white and mylar.

the reason for this is to keep the mylar from sticking to each othe.

if you are looking for regular snowstorms such white, pink, red and white, multi colored I can only reccomend one place Seo magic.

I have been performing the snowstorm for over 2 decades and have tried many snowstorms (mondo being the worse) and with out question seo magic has the best.

the tissue papwer is lighter than american made snowstorms so that it stays in the air much longer. it may cost a bit more than others but if you want the best then this is it.

you can always use one regular and one mylar.

if you have any other questions about snowstorms you can liten to a recent interview with me about them or just ask away.

listen to pod cast here
http://web.mac.com/kifanderson/iweb/Site......ast.html

good luck and have fun

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
You could go to a local party store and they usually have silver and gold mylar that comes around one foot by 10 or so foot long to hang at parties. It's usually around a half inch thick... You could cut this stuff up and then rap it up in white tissue paper as your load. Then after you steal the load all you need to do is tear the tissue paper and off it should go with enough air...
I hope this will help...
This should be a very cheap way.

Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Gold or silver Snowstorms (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL