The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Abyss vs. Other versions of Coin thru Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi Guys:

Could someone please tell me the difference between the newly released Abyss: The Ultimate Coin in Bottle compared to:

a) Impromptu Coin in Bottle in Peter Eggink's "Strangers Like Me" DVD; and
b) Coin in bottle (Half Bottled) from Penguinmagic

Thanks
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
The Impromptu Coin in Bottle from Peter Eggink's DVD uses a coin smaller than the neck of the bottle. Don't get me wrong, it's a very strong effect if done correctly. Half bottled requires the f****** c***. You will need to carry around this gimmick to perform the trick. Both are examinable at the end.
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Thanks!

Among the following three versions of Coin in bottle, which would you recommend is the criteria are:

1) Easy sleight of hand
2) Minimum preparation (to purpose of impromptuness)
3) Examinability
4) Gimmick easy to carry, conceal and ditched

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

c) Abyss: Ultimate Coin in Bottle

Thanks
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
Sorry, I don't own Abyss, so I cannot comment on it. Perhaps someone else could help you on that one. As for the other 2, they are all pretty easy to do (I'd say that Peter Eggink's version is probably the easiest out of the 2). Eggink's imromptu coin in bottle requires a very easy 2.5 second setup that you could do on the offbeat. With Half Bottled, you can setup right under the spectator's noses (I wouldn't even call it a preparation). Both versions are examinable, although Peter's version is sleightly cleaner, as you don't have to ditch anything. No gimmicks are required for Peter's version. Of course, Half Bottled requires a f****** c***. You will need to carry it with you in order to do the effect. I'd say that Half bottled is more impressive though.
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
I own abyss, and I have to say it is worth the investment. There is some preperation but it takes about 45 seconds to do. The biggest plus side to abyss that I can make is the fact that you can give the bottle to the spectator after the effect. Even in the Abyss instructions it reccomends not leaving home without your standard coin in bottle gimmick just in case you are handed a bottle on the spot to do this with.
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Thanks. For:

Can we give out the bottle as souvenir at the end of the effect? Thanks
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
Yes you can. The bottles are ordinary. Oh yes, almost forgot to mention... for Half Bottled, any bottle may be used. As for Peter Eggink's Impromptu Coin in Bottle, you must use a pop bottle.
The bottom line is:
Abyss: most impressive (you may leave the coin inside the bottle for them to keep)
Impromptu Coin in Bottle: least impressive (in my opinion), but is really nice considering it is IMPROMPTU <-- 2.5 second setup... no gimmicks
Half Bottled: impressive, looks impossible, but you must take the coin out. Of course, the f****** c*** isn't limited to just one effect.
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Thanks. Could you guys tell me what a pop bottle is? Is this a glass bottle or plastic bottle?
gngorick
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gngorick
A pop bottle is a plastic bottle with a screw-on cap.
p.aulo.r
View Profile
New user
Portugal
37 Posts

Profile of p.aulo.r
You can see a demo of "Abyss" on this Link
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/TRICK_DEMO_S.......242.html

Enjoy
jaybaby
View Profile
New user
Australia
87 Posts

Profile of jaybaby
That link doesn't seem to work, but you can catch the demo at:
http://www.themagicwarehouse.com

look under the hot items section...
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Can we use Abyss to perform on both Glass bottle or pop bottle? Thanks
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Abyss can be used with a glass bottle. However, you can not hand the bottle out for inspection or for a suvinior.
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
So does that mean that when we use Abyss to work on pop bottle, after the performance the bottle can be handled out as souvenir? Thanks
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
Yes I would use a plastic pop bottle at all times. I believe it has a greater impact since when the effect is over they can attept to get "their" quarter out.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2005-06-22 11:54, zhuanan wrote:
So does that mean that when we use Abyss to work on pop bottle, after the performance the bottle can be handled out as souvenir? ...

Yup, that's the premise of the thing. You can give way the bottle. I suggest you cap the bottle and sign it.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-06-22 12:18, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Yup, that's the premise of the thing. You can give way the bottle. I suggest you cap the bottle and sign it.
What name should I use?
Houdini ? Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
[Yup, that's the premise of the thing. You can give way the bottle. I suggest you cap the bottle and sign it.]

You mean signing the bottle or coin? Btw, can the coin be signed and trapped in the bottle? Thanks
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27157 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
If helps to have your name on a thing, (autograph it) so when they show others, they can tell the story and you might get some jobs as a result. Or sign the thing as if it's an artwork you made for them.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
The coin cannot be signed or marked. This is really the only downside to this effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Abyss vs. Other versions of Coin thru Bottle (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL