The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » THE PAUL BÉLANGER CIGARETTE THROUGH QUARTER DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
AEdwards
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
106 Posts

Profile of AEdwards
If anyone is interested I have the Belanger Style coin gaffs available for those that know the routine and only need the gaffed coin. I also have them available in both the Old & New US State quarters. The Gaffed coins are $15.00 Each postage paid or The coin with the routines and handleings I use for $30.00. Message me for more info or visit my website.

Later, Anton

http://www.antonedwards.com
http://www.antonedwards.net

Shattering Reality
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I got it, and it's great. David even sent a copy of one of the "7" books to each person who pre-ordered to make up for the delay. I would recommend this highly.

Robert
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is there a demo vid?
AEdwards
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
106 Posts

Profile of AEdwards
No, but thye routines you can perform with it are strong.

Shattering Reality
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Which is stronger: to completely show the front of the quarter prior to the penetration (Johnson's) but cannot show the opposite side of the quarter while the cigarette is thru the quarter or to show the entire quarter on all sides while the cigarette is thru the quarter (Paul Belanger)but the front and back ofthe quarter must be covered up prior to the effect?

I personally feel, again this is my own preference, that it is stronger to show the front of the quarter just prior to the effect. That is why I prefer using Johnson's. You can "show" part of the back of the quarter during the effect such as done by Don Alan. I just feel that the covering of the front and back of the Belanger quarter makes the effect weaker. I may be wrong but that is my impression.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
I like your thinking Michael....I've always wanted to come up with a handling that you can do both. Borrow a reg. coin, switch it for the johnson and do the penetration, then switch it for the Belanger coin, then finally switch it back. It seems way too complicated though.

I have to say that I like both equally and I can't decide. It will be interesting to see what others say here.

Steve
AEdwards
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
106 Posts

Profile of AEdwards
Well what ever you decide to run with it both are fantastic. If anyone needs extra gaffs I have them available from my website and yes they are made by me. Enough said.

Later, Anton

http://www.antonedwards.com

Shattering Reality
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
290 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Easy Edwards.....that’s the second advertisement for your products in this thread alone!
Sean W. Burke
View Profile
Loyal user
Washington D.C.
300 Posts

Profile of Sean W. Burke
Quote:
On 2006-02-08 00:24, AEdwards wrote:
Enough said.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I was very impressed by the David Acer DVD. Great handling, very clear descriptions.

My complaint is with the gimmick. A serious lapse in quality control on the part of Camirand. For some strange reason, they made a (Canadian) gimmick using a limited circulation specialty quarter from 1999. Instead of the usual moose head which apears on out quarter, this one has an engraving of children holding hands. Which of course means unless I get that 1 in 1000 spectator that has one of these specialty quarters, I can't show both side of my gimmick.

Sigh.

Does anybody know a good machinist in the Toronto area who can make the holes? I was hoping to have a large amount made to do the Ammar style pencil giveaway.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
Never mind, my predicament has just be solved by Mr. Acer himself. A true gentleman in the world of magic. Can't wait until he stops by Toronto.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » THE PAUL BÉLANGER CIGARETTE THROUGH QUARTER DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL