The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Self Combustion Flash paper gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
I am looking for a gimmick to seemingly make flash paper light on it's own, whilst held in the hand.
throughout the years I have seen many gimicks advertised. I even made my own out of a glowplug and battery.
Anyone can suggest similar gimicks, their pros and cons?
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Thumb-palm a cigarette butt.
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4286 Posts

Profile of Daegs
I love the igniter the best!!!

Great item from Jim Pace that will silently and motionless-ly ignite flash paper, string or cotton and leave you with empty hands without using sleeves.
wand
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of wand
I'm also looking for a way to ignite a piece of flash papaer inside a box without having to reach inside the box. Any ideas would be appreciated. I also remember seeing a pen that was designed to ignite fp but don't remember what it was called...anyone know??? Please pm me!

Thanks
Howard
http://www.sophisticatedmagic.com
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
Check out http://www.ahouseoffire.com .

Haslett has some very good fire products. I recently purchased his Pen Flash, and it sure is clever.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
You could use a lighter from a model rocket engine and a charged electrolitic capacitor with a small switch. Very easy to make and cheap.
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
For WAND:
3v glow plug, temporary switch on outside of box, and 2 AA batteries hidden in false bottom of the box.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Self Combustion Flash paper gimmick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL