The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash Paper Transportation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Is it ok to carry flash paper in your checked bags on an airplane?

Thanks
Big Jeff
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
I don't see why not. They are starting to allow zippo lighters back onto planes as long as there is no lighter fluid in them. If there is no way for the flash paper to ignite, I don't see what the problem would be. Plus, to laymen, they wont know what the paper is anyway and could mistake it for cigarete paper.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I wouldnt put it in carry on bags, unless you are carrying it wet (which you should be) but even then, if they do find it, and suspect something, (explosives sniffing dogs, and some electronic sniffers can pick up the smell of it) you could be pulled from the flight for questioning.

My advice is don't try to hide it. If you cant buy some more when you are going, in which case why take the risk, then I suggest that you keep it someplace where if they sniff it out, you can produce it immediately, explain how you use it, and apologize (if necessary). But the worst case probably is that they would confiscate it, and you would be on your way.

In other words, make it easy for them to understand you are not a threat.

I have not carried any with me on flights since 9/11, so I havent tested the system. Just ask yourself, is it worth the risk. If you like attention, you just might get it and not in a good way Smile

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
RealDeal JU
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
375 Posts

Profile of RealDeal JU
Hmmm... I believe BroDavid has given better advice than me (once again Smile). I would go along with what he said.

Jim
"Challenge yourself to come up with your own

material, rather than buying into the idea that

you have to do the same thing that everyone

else is doing to be a good magician."
David Bilan
View Profile
Special user
Clarksville, TN
714 Posts

Profile of David Bilan
I've posted this in a similar topic, but it's worth a posting a link here:

Click here!

The info comes from the Transportation Security Agency.

Bottom line: BroDavid is the voice of reason.

Be Safe, stay out of jail,
Another David
Yes, I am a magician. No I did not make my hare (hair) disappear... it just took early retirement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Flash Paper Transportation » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL