The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Who is this??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
Hi folks,

Forgive my ignorance (I know the answer is going to be an obvious one), but I saw a video years ago that came with a 2 coin gaff.

There were some incredible effects on the video which were facilitated by this 2 coin gaff.

I don't want to give too much away in an open forum, but as an example - if you had 3 coins on the table covered with a card, you could vanish 2 with a single Dingle pick-up.

If you know who made the gaff and video set you will know what I mean.

So the upshot is - What was the name of this video, who was it by and is it still available?

Thanks in advance
Billy

P.S. I would do a search but I have no idea what it's called.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Sounds like the "Siamese Coin" video from Mike Gallo.
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
luismagic
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of luismagic
There was a video with a gaff provided by Mike Gallo call Gemini Coin.
Okami
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
157 Posts

Profile of Okami
If the gaff looks like an open Flipper Coin, than Paul is right: It´s the Siamese Coin by Mike Gallo.
It is still availiable on DVD with gaff and booklet.
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Given that you recall the effects on the video being great, I'd say that's Mike Gallo. That's what I thought when I saw it.

BTW, the matrix move you describe, well, Mike can do it without the gaff, too. See his "Eight coin Matrix" in Richard's Almanac.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4154 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Clever guy, that Mike! You can see him in person at the New York Coin Seminar, to be held outside of Philadelphia on July 16, along with myself, Geoff Latta, and special guest Kainoa Harbottle. I'm sure Mike can be persuaded to teach some more amazing things you can do with that gimmick, but what he can do without any gimmicks is pretty amazing as well! The DVD Siamese Coins is a must for any coin enthusiast, and shows a bunch of great applications for this very useful gimmick.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
I hope Mike brings some off the Gaffs/DVD set to sell at the Seminar. It would be great learn from him.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4154 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Rich, I'm sure he'll get that message. I am restamping the 2004 DVD you ordered, and hopefully it will be ready for you by then. I'll be calling you next week to go over stuff as well. Hey, I just read my earlier post, and saw that I didn't put in DAVID ROTH as one of the hosts! Sorry David, I wrote it before morning coffee!
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
One point about the comment that it used a single "Dingle" move.
Contrary to popular knowledge, Dingle did not invent the idea for that move. I showed it to him in Columbus at a Magi-Fest long ago. The folloiwng year he bumped into me at the following year's Magi-Fest and showed me an idea he had that he was putting into a book. It was the matrix routine using my moves. Two people that were there backed me up on this. One was Warren Stephans. Dingle said he would fix that in his book. He fixed it by saying that I came up with a move like his. Let's not get huffy about it though. Just trying to correct some things.
Thanks for your attention.
Al Schneider
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
I hope Mike brings some off the Gaffs/DVD set to sell at the Seminar. It would be great learn from him.

Hey Rich, sorry but I don't have any of those for sale...however, just ask away and I'll be happy to show you anything with it. If you really want a copy of the DVD though, you can order it through Meir Yedid...it comes complete with the DVD (demonstration of the effects only) a book (with the explanations) and the gaff.

Mike

Posted: Jun 18, 2005 8:41pm
-----------------------------------------------
There was a video with a gaff provided by Mike Gallo call Gemini Coin.

No, there's not. Smile

Mike
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
I'm sure I posted a thank you about this just before Curtis posted, but it has somehow disappeared.

Anyway, the upshot is that you guys have been soooooooooooo helpful, so thanks a million. It was indeed Mike Gallo.

I helped a mate out in his magic shop a number of years ago and so I saw the video but never ended up getting to purchase it, I shall remedy that straight away.

Thanks again.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Dingle schmeingle I thought this controversy was laid to rest when Richard Kaufman explained how Mr. Dingle occasionally laid claim to have invented a move that was some one else’s'. It was done with true belief and no malice but done none-the-less. Mr. Schneider created the pick up move.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Who is this??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL