The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » rabbit (and duck?) production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpiffnikHopkins
View Profile
Regular user
Washington DC
135 Posts

Profile of SpiffnikHopkins
I know stuff that would fit here has been posted in other threads here but they're hard to track down and not orginized so I thought I'd ask.

What are your favorite/best rabbit productions?

A seperate thought of mine is how might I build one? I know some don't like people building thier own props saying you're ripping off the creator and such, but I'm not one of those people. Would anyone care to PM me a good (everything I need to know to build) set of plans? I won't reproduce or sell or anything else other then build 1 for my personal use.

Thanks a bunch!

~Spiff
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
You don't necessarily need a box to reproduce a rabbit, duck, or dove.

The one I like is an opening trick where you do the Anderson Torn and Restored Paper then, roll it into a tube, twist the ends and produce a dwarf rabbit from the center. (from The Bunny Book, but revised by me to be used with the Anderson Method) The Bunny Book by Magic, Inc. has several ways to produce a rabbit.

No plans are necessary for the age old mirror box trick.

The standard drawer box has been designed to look like a caboose and a police car, and a fire engine. No plans are necessary for these age-old tricks. Flip over boxes, is a simple production or vanish which also needs no plans.

Let your imagination go, be creative. If your new to magic you need to learn a lot, if not, then use the many methods available to Produce and Vanish and design them for your animal. Remember, Rabbits and Ducks grow so make it big enough for their adult size!
Dennis Michael
SpiffnikHopkins
View Profile
Regular user
Washington DC
135 Posts

Profile of SpiffnikHopkins
Right... I don't need plans for those productions... You see I'm not 100% familiar with them. I'm not looking for dimensions or anything, but I suppose the secrets behind them. The mirror box I think I can imagine, but could someone please PM a more detailed description of the workings so I know exactly what I want to build? I'm not sure if it's poor form to ask for secrets to be PM'd to you or not. PLEASE definitely do not post it in the open forum!

~Spiff
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Go to a major book store or big library. When I first started out, that is where I found items to make.
Dennis Michael
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
You can also get some good livestock production books from magic dealers. The Bunny Book from Magic Inc in Chicago is not expensive and should be just right for you.

quack
vicmalvo
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of vicmalvo
Search youtube Build a magic box 1 and 2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » rabbit (and duck?) production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL